trail cleanup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
alright, hey guys...just wanted to kinda try and get the ball rolling a little bit; just a few questions though if you guys could help point me in the right direction so i dont go calling everybody but the people we wanna get into contact with:

WHERE do we wanna do this cleanup? any ideas? i cant seem to locate who exactly has rights to the burnt bridge/kapur hill area around my place..looks like timberwest & WFP has some over in sooke though. another option might be the sicker/prevost area where we had wheeled last up island run

WHO anybody know who owns the property that we want to clean up? ideas/suggestions are welcome

and also any idea of the best way to get ahold of layne? i think he had mentioned the possability of being able to help out at the last meeting.i ended up having to leave a little early (was past the old mans bed time i guess)

thanks guys

Guy

got it, thanks

The Rock Crawlers have done many clean-up runs in the past, and you might do well to talk to Lori Hryniuk about this - we always managed to get discounted/free dumping fees, often a free roll-off bin, and other help. We also involved the local newspapers (the bin companies like publicity that goes with a bin donation)...

I can pass along contact info for her if you need it in email.

~John

if you wouldnt mind sending me the contact info that might be very helpful. thanks John

Guy

for IRC stuff I can be your contact too! Burnt Bridge/ Kapoor hill. The area up the hill after the bridge I'm pretty sure is island timberlands. If it is Tiberwest screw them. They can clean their own property.

The Sicker/ Prevost area is a municipal forest owned by North Cowichan. I can get a contact their as my wife works for North Cowichan. We did a clean up there a few years ago. I have not been up there in a few years. How bad is it now? I'm sure that we could probably get the land rover club and also the quading club to help out as well.

These are always well received by the community and you guys could get some press from it. Not that that is your main goal.

The other area that could possibly do with a clean-up is Skutz falls area over into Red balls and up there. that is Island Timberlands as well.

The Sicker/ Prevost area is a municipal forest owned by North Cowichan. I can get a contact their as my wife works for North Cowichan. We did a clean up there a few years ago. I have not been up there in a few years. How bad is it now? I'm sure that we could probably get the land rover club and also the quading club to help out as well.

Chet a bit of hijack but... So Prevost and Sicker is all municipal owned forest? No private land? If so it makes me wonder why there are so many gates and dug outs up there now. 3 ways to get in and all blocked from linking up!

well it was due to active logging or fire. There is very little active logging going on up there right now due to the economy. The main reason is its easy to get to with a stolen vehicle to torch it. I know they have had many a close call with major fires due to burnt cars. I guess they are thinking if you know how to get in... fine. Keeps the retards out?

well it was due to active logging or fire. There is very little active logging going on up there right now due to the economy. The main reason is its easy to get to with a stolen vehicle to torch it. I know they have had many a close call with major fires due to burnt cars. I guess they are thinking if you know how to get in... fine. Keeps the retards out?

Guess so... Torch the retards...

a group effort between more than once club might be a good idea, ill be in touch chet! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom