Trail Adoption (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TrailCrew,

As discussed at the last club meeting we are going to adopt Lookout trail in the Rowher Flats Off-Road area.
The Ranger has agreed that Sunday November 1st at 9 AM would be a great time. We will be meeting right off of Sierra Highway at the entrance of the park. No Adventure Pass will be required. You might want to bring work gloves, trash bags, maybe a shovel or rake. We will be cleaning up the trail, installing signs, and running the trail to get it back in shape after several years of closure. It is a pretty challenging trail but doable by any of our 4 wheel drive vehicles with the right driving mojo. All club members should try to attend this event. It will be a great chance to do some wheeling and give back to the off-roading community.

Ross
http://www/thetrailcrew.com

Sound great...Unless something drastic happens barring me from going, I'll be there.

Assuming I will be in the country count me in. It will be the first time showing my face in a few months :(

Found some info on why it's been closed:

WheretoDirt.net

Guess we're there to help open it up!

Ron, a mutual friend said to say "HI". Hanns Orr. I work with him
and he's the one that got me hooked. I'm on for Sunday.:steer:

Anyone taking an air compressor of some kind in case we air down? I don't have one.

Thanks

Anyone taking an air compressor of some kind in case we air down? I don't have one.

Thanks

Ross is coming and assuming he brings his rig he will have air along with lots of other trailcrew members.

How do we get to this place? Detailed directions would be nice since I am the supposed represenative. It would look bad if i called and asked the ranger...

Sunday work crew

Ron Q
Ross Kuzma
Dave West
Ben Crockett
Jose Hernandez
Bill S
Dayan T
Randy if he can find directions

Maybe's????

Monica Zinda
Ross A
Garrett Matt
Hrag
Evan N

Anyone else going?

Rowher Flats is right around the corner from my house, I am planning on attending.
Consider me a new guy, I havent been to a meeting in quite some time.

Steve

Rowher Flats is right around the corner from my house, I am planning on attending.
Consider me a new guy, I havent been to a meeting in quite some time.

Steve

Steve,
Can you explain to me how to get there? I have no idea where this trail is. Most of my local playing around is done off of san Franciquito Cyn.

I think you live in SCV, so Get on Sierra Hwy, head North towards Palmdale, pass Vasquez Canyon Road, pass Davenport Road, keep heading north, you will be in the canyon when you pass Davenport, watch for the road to Rower, it will be on your left as you head north on Sierra Hwy, maybe 1 1/2 or 2 miles past davenport road, there is a sign and the locked gate is visible from Sierra Hwy.

Steve,
Can you explain to me how to get there? I have no idea where this trail is. Most of my local playing around is done off of san Franciquito Cyn.

I think you live in SCV, so Get on Sierra Hwy, head North towards Palmdale, pass Vasquez Canyon Road, pass Davenport Road, keep heading north, you will be in the canyon when you pass Davenport, watch for the road to Rower, it will be on your left as you head north on Sierra Hwy, maybe 1 1/2 or 2 miles past davenport road, there is a sign and the locked gate is visible from Sierra Hwy.

Thanks TunnelRat,
I was able to find it on google maps.

Copy and paste these co-ordinates in Google Maps and this will be where we meet.

34.502306,-118.38104

Btw, are we to take food? I would imagine we should eh? Water, snacks etc etc?

I went with the High Desert 4 Wheelers for a trail clean up at Rowher on the weekend of the 24th. The main trail was already pretty clean (which was all we hit-up), except for on the exit end. There was tons of brush left in the trails from brush clean-up. Also on the exit end the downhill stretch has been graded and is just a downhill drive. The guys I was with said it used to be pretty rough at one time. We picked up a few bags of garbage, and some cardboard from the top of "lookout". We also picked up the remains of a truck that was removed by the forest service.

Have fun up there guys!

Had a good turnout today. Sunny & clear. Everyone got something at the raffle, Thanks to Northridge Toyota for donating all the swag.
The Ranger said they are working on putting in an OHV training area like in Gorman but it will be a few years before that gets done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom