Traditional Archery

Does anyone else on this website hunt or just shoot traditional archery. If so what bows do you have, and what kind of arrows do you use.

I am a traditional archer. Hunt with a Sovereign recurve bow. I use cedar arrows with feather fletching which I finish and assemble from blanks myself. I use Simmons broadheads.

But when the freezer's empty and the season is getting short, I've resorted to a rifle, too, because it's just so goddam easy. ;)

Yea man I have a Bear Paw long bow, gave up trainning wheels 12 years ago and never looked back. I build my own arrows out of the Turkys and geese I kill (with a bow) and started knapping to really go full on.

I have, like, really good bow hunting skills. This summer I might go up to alaska to shoot wolverines.

Thats awesome I have a 45 Pound recurve And a 55 pound takedown recurve, custom made by sterling in brigham utah. I make all my own arrown out of cedar too, I used aluminum for awhile though.

May be we need a crusier trad bow get together? WHere is everyone who carries a trab bow in their crusier locted? I'm in Idaho.

I'm addicted. I usually hunt with a 55# Chadwick (local bowyer) recurve but I have a dozen or so assorted new and old bows. Love making cedar or chundoo arrows, hunt turkeys and occasionally bear in the spring, pronghorn, muleys, whitetails, & elk in the fall and whatever other fun hunts I can afford and free up time for.

I have a 40 lb Martin recurve that I take stump shooting. The Sovereign is 56 lbs.

You guys all read Traditional Bowhunter magazine, right? What a great rag.

I'm feeling bad after reading these posts. I did shoot a recurve but went to a compound bow a few years back. Now shooting a Browning with a release and carbon arrows. Funny I've wanted to stay with the old F engine in the cruiser and manual steering, but have gone all modern and high tech with the bow. I need to go back to instinctive shooting, shot just as well that way as I do with all the new gadgets.

troy

gulp3000 said:
I've hunted with your bowyer (John F. - Sovereign) a few times...he's quite a character.
Yeah, he can talk your ear off. He's the one who turned me on to Simmon's Sharks.

flintknapper

SILVER Star

Count me in.

Been shooting traditional for 35 yrs. Owned a lot of different recurves and longbows. Currently own 4 Acadian Woods longbows. Make my own wood arrows (cedar, hard rock maple, ash), flemish strings, and knapp my own arrow heads.

On occasion....when I use a steel broadhead, I prefer Zwickey delta's or the no longer made Hoyt "shortcut". But for most of my hunting I stick to my "rocks"!

I am In utah and have only shot a compund once sense I was 5 and I hit the bullseye at 25 yards. It was so boring. I grouse, deer and elk hunt mainly. And I do a little carp hunting. I love stump shooting the most. A traditional bow get together would be awesome.

Alright we have one guy in Ut 1 inID where are the rest? There are some shoots in the nw we could try to meet at. Stanley Id has a big shoot wheels and trad bows but dead in the Saw Tooths so it is big on views. I'll get on the hunt for other shoots and post to see if anyone wants to go shooting.

Top Bottom