Trade in our 4Runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I traded my 2017 Limited 4x4 4runner with 3rd row seating, for a 2016 Land Cruiser and was a bit worried too............ BEST decision I ever made!!!!!!! I will and can pick apart the HUGE differences between the 2 if you like, but that will be a rant
Please rant about the HUGE differences.:):clap:

Please rant about the HUGE differences.:):clap:
So if you get a 4runner with 3rd row seats, the only rear vents are in the center console between the front driver and passenger seats for the rear seats. LC has a dedicated rear AC with four zone climate control.
LC tailgate splits in half (great for tailgating)
LC has rear seat warmers
4runner has no locking gas door, LC does
Towing LC 8200 vs 5000lbs 4runner
LC seats 8 vs 7
LC has a cool box, 4runner NO... this is a BIG deal once you have it!!!!!!!😁
The way I drive!!!i got the same fuel economy 😳
I’m tired, I’ll think of more tomorrow... here’s the talk.......
E2C7E3A5-CAFA-441F-B442-ED4D2A831501.jpeg

0A8C414C-8B22-421C-8816-3247413C72D2.jpeg

Last edited:
I am considering trading in my 2018 4Runner for a new LC and was hoping to get some help with a few questions. Thanks in advance.
1) My 4runner "tramlines" (experiences small side to side movements when going down the road). I drove a friends and his does the same. I am assuming that the LC does not require steering corrections to go straight, but wanted to check if that was perhaps inherent to the LC as well.
2) Can the key fob be left in the vehicle without beeps for honks? When I am on the property, I prefer to leave the key in the car.
3) How does the driving experience differ from the 4Runner
Thanks again
what trim level 4runner do you have?

I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to a cruiser from a 4Runner. You'll never look back.

I've had a bunch of cruisers from several generations, and picked up a 4Runner Limited thinking it could be a viable replacement. I was severely disappointed. I was back into a cruiser within months.

The only time you'll be unhappy is when you have to pay for it. :) . The price difference is dramatic, but worth every penny.

The only time you'll be unhappy is when you have to pay for it. :) .

And also maybe when you're at the gas station after a day of city shopping with wife.....

I think you made a great decision. I had a 2017 4Runner off road. Great truck off road, awful around town. Loust 5 speed transmission and the V6 is under powered. I now drive a 2013 LX and could not be happier. There are lot a things I liked about the 4Runner but I couldn't get past the trans always hunting for gears on hills/mountains.

Your dog will miss the automatic rear window. 🐶

Sold a '17 TRD Pro 4Runner for my new '19 LC. Better build quality, nicer interior, more powerful engine....what's not to like? Added bonus - the TRD didn't have rear AC for my pups...the LC does :)

Old:
IMG_3198.jpg

New:

LC200 - done.png

Last edited:
I currently own both, mine is a '19 TRD-pro modded and the wife has a '16 LC lightly modded. Feel free to message w/ any questions.

-Chris

How did this question play out on T4R or other specific forums? Just curious how the 4R fanboi/folks responded? Positive responses tend to be forum based, and this is a LC forum after all...

How did this question play out on T4R or other specific forums? Just curious how the 4R fanboi/folks responded? Positive responses tend to be forum based, and this is a LC forum after all...

I was surprised when I first started thinking about it - pretty supportive at T4R...only downsides according to that forum is:

--3" wider stance (good or bad depending on intended use/trails)
--twice the cost
--less aftermarket support

I’ve had both.

My truth is as follows:

The 200 is better.
The 200 is safer.
The 200 is more capable.
The 200 is bigger.
The 200 is less efficient.
The 200 requires more maintenance to remain reliable, namely radiator and starter should be done at 100k miles

The factor that LC is better is not proportional to the cost when new. No way the LC provides twice the utility or joy. When buying used, it may make sense.

The 4runner will for the most part get the same job done. The LC will do it a bit better with more comfort and bit more capacity at a cost

Here is my two cents. I have had quite a few 200s between myself and my wife (LCs or LXs). I am about to trade my 2016 LC on a new one. I have a 2014 4 Runner that is my son's car. It looks like the current TRD Pro. My thoughts are simple:

4 Runner is way cheaper. 4 Runner is easier to get excited about with small mods or to purchase a new one with different options. (Many different trim levels, can purchase with blacked out trim, can get TRD grill and add on, rims, etc).

LC is boring from the factory. You and every soccer mom get the exact same ride. No options. Nothing at all to differentiate it. It takes real effort to make the LC look bad @ss and have something exciting. For instance, this does it:

lc200-done-png.2103751

My new LC will be the first one I really have the way I want it. Chrome delete. BBS rims like above. Lift. Etc.

I think the LC is the ultimate ride, but it can feel somewhat boring if you don't do anything to it.

Size wise, LC a lot more room. 4 Runner only really cool thing is the rear window. But, you dont have a tailgate. If you can do an LC remotely like that pic above, you will never wish you had a 4 Runner. If you just buy one and leave it stock, it feels a bit blah.

Agree, but for the me it is the engine/trans that makes all the difference. The current generation 4Runner is a dog. I hated driving it on anything resembling a hill and here in Colorado it's all hills, all the time. I let me ex keep it and I just got a 2013 LX. Night and day.

I'll throw in my opinion. I recently bought a new LC. Has about 5k miles on it now. One of my co-workers had a T4R that I road in a bit.

So far, I am in love with the LC. It's just feels so very solid. Can't really describe it other than that. Feels solidly built like a proper sports car. It just feels a lot different than T4R to me.

Now is it worth the $'s. That's the real question. I bought the LC knowing it was a somewhat "wasteful" use of funds. Many other trucks would have done what I wanted for much less. However, I'm glad I splurged. Like many others here, I've purchased quite a few new vehicles in my life. At the 5k mile mark, the LC is certainly the one I like the best.

Isn’t the landcruiser still leading the list of longest owned vehicles? That says a lot

I had the chance to drive a new one yesterday...Oh My Goodness. I did not expect that level of refinement and luxury-you all were right for sure. What a difference $50K can make. I am pretty much sold and will likely proceed to order one.
I really appreciate the feedback and offers to PM with details, but one drive was all it took. It is indeed very planted on the road - I drove it with a 25 mph cross wind which would have blown the T4R around quite a bit. Despite some nose dive, the breaks were impressive at stopping the LC. And the tailgate, oh the tailgate. Backing up to a nice view for a beer after a run or ride is a high quality event with a tailgate. The HE is tempting, but I really want the Terra interior and the anneline.

I am open to any ordering advice for sure.

Thanks again

I am considering trading in my 2018 4Runner for a new LC and was hoping to get some help with a few questions. Thanks in advance.
1) My 4runner "tramlines" (experiences small side to side movements when going down the road). I drove a friends and his does the same. I am assuming that the LC does not require steering corrections to go straight, but wanted to check if that was perhaps inherent to the LC as well.
2) Can the key fob be left in the vehicle without beeps for honks? When I am on the property, I prefer to leave the key in the car.
3) How does the driving experience differ from the 4Runner
Thanks again
I had 4, 4-runners and the last one being a 2010. The second I ”test” drove my LC loaner while the 4runner was getting an oil change it was the last time I owned it. I decided I wanted to to buy it but the time I pulled in my driveway. Not taking anything away from the 4 runner, BUT they aren’t in the same category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom