1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade in of my 60?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Zack1978, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    Hey everyone,
    I posted a thread on the 60 section about my truck and the state that it is in. I just want to start over with a better truck ( after I cry for a few weeks, because I wasted so much money on mine!!). At this ponit my mom is in the market for a new car or suv, she is leaning towards a new 4runner at this point. So is going to trade in her beater 1988 Chevy Beretta, and I was thinking about trading the 1987 fj60 in as well. Do you think Toyota will rake me over the coals with it? It just seems like it would be eaiser then trying to sell it outright, and I might make more money by trading it in. What do you guys think? You think they would be generous because it's a cool old Toyota, (and on the surface it looks perfect!)? My local Toyota dealer took in an 1988 FJ62 about four yrs ago, and they use it as their parking lot plow truck. I guess they could do that with mine!

Thanks,
    Zack

2. Sporin

Sporin Site Addict SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    you won't get ANY value on your truck from adealer...period. I bet they'd offer you $250 and tell you they are doing you a favor.

You should list it on every free Cruiser classified you can find and sell it privately.