Trade in my Heritage for a new Bronco? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got an up close view of the new full-size Bronco on Monday. I gotta say it didn't WOW me like I thought it would. Now granted, this wasn't the Sasquatch package but I don't think I'll be letting my Heritage go for one of them. I'm also not a fan of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine. It's touted as a Wrangler competitor but I'm not buying it. Definitely needed some wheels and tires.

IMG_20210510_083823920.jpg

IMG_20210510_085127694.jpg

IMG_20210510_085150520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210510_085100412.jpg

IMG_20210510_085136386_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210510_085159977_HDR.jpg

"Trade in my Heritage for a new Bronco?"

Then you immediate bash the (low trimmed) Bronco. So I'm guessing the answer is no...
The Sasquatch package I'm sure will be better equipped, and there will be lots of ways to option them, but I just got the feeling that in 5 years after the warranty is expired it wont be fun to own. And Ford does not keep parts available past the warranty period. So no, I dont think I'll be trading my Heritage for one.

The Sasquatch package I'm sure will be better equipped, and there will be lots of ways to option them, but I just got the feeling that in 5 years after the warranty is expired it wont be fun to own. And Ford does not keep parts available past the warranty period. So no, I dont think I'll be trading my Heritage for one.

The Samsquanch does look very interesting initially. Looking forward to the reviews.

I had a new fully loaded JL, liked it but didn't love it. Replaced it with the LC HE after two years and don't miss it one bit. Given the similarities between the wrangler and bronco, I don't think it's going to change my mind.

I do hope Ford succeeds with this. I think it looks cool, and the interior was really nice but, I guess the jury is still out on the reliability of this 2.7 engine. I can definitely see Coyote 5.0 engine swaps in the future for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing the Sasquatch version.

We were considering these along with the LC but once the stats came out on the Bronco it’s tow rating didn’t meet our needs. We spent way way way more money on our LC and are still waiting on delivery but after learning more about the Bronco we made the correct choice 100%. Bronco would be a fun addition to the fleet but I wouldn’t want it for the role the LC is filling for us. We have a Ford (4th gen Navigator) as a daily and it’s been a great vehicle all around and I think the Bronco should fair well, especially as a Jeep competitor.

LC fills way more need categories as a single vehicle in my opinion. As stated above, the Bronco would be a fun fleet add, but I would never swap my LC for one as a DD.

Sorry the ONLY Ford vehicle that I am interested in is the F150 Hybrid….. especially after the freeze in February…. That built in generator would have been awesome!

All the tech...

I am a Bronco guy, I have a 76 in the garage keeping my 200 company, I had an 87 and a 96. I look at used Broncos daily as well as Land Cruisers. I was on the waiting list, pre buy list, whatever it’s called. In Feb I bought my 200 and got my $100 back from Ford. This new one is cool, and they will sell a zillion of them, but I don’t trust all those Ford electronics And I don’t like the engine options. I switched to new Toyotas in 2007 when I bought my Tundra and have never looked back. A twin turbo v6 is a disposable engine in my opinion. Maybe I’m getting old but it does not seem like a package I want to take into the back country for days on end. If it had a normally aspirated v6 or 8 and a manual transmission I might consider one for fun, but the turbo 4 and a stick ( which I’d prefer over the 10 speed auto) just does not turn me on. I bet the chassis is epic off road as Ford is good at that, I just don’t like the power train options available. Might get a used one some day and swap in a better engine. The 200 really is a different class of vehicle. We went camping last weekend and drove some back roads and for that, what I use my 200 for, I don’t think there is a better option available.

I drive a Ford as daily =
junk!

The Sasquatch package is just an off-road upgrade. Lift, tires, lockers, disconnecting swaybar. You can add it on to any trim. If you aren't impressed by fit, finish, craftsmanship, and the 2.7 Ecoboost then I doubt the Sasquatch package would change any of that.

Put a sasquatch package on your HE and don't look back.

35s, some suspension, and a rear locker if you must, is all that it would take to make the HE just about unstoppable.

If I want a dedicated off-roader, then I would get the Rubicon 392. Full-time 4wd is killer for me. Lockers everywhere. Great suspension agility. 4:1 transfer case. FOX suspension.

I would drive it first ... I have my 200 and love it but just picked up a Jeep Rubicon JLU Diesel it’s just a toy compared to my 200 . The new 4xe has 470 lb-ft same as 392 but gets great fuel milage , and you get a 7500 tax right off .

971912FB-4683-4AD2-B3C7-DC12DD9CE910.png

My missus and I rented a 2 door 2020 wrangler during a recent trip. MAN it was fun especially with the top down. I was having more fun than I do in my 2019 LC200 for well under half the price I paid for the CPO!

however, towards the end of the rental reality set in. Much like a vacation, the Wrangler was fun for a few care free days in the sun. But for the same reasons I wouldn’t want to live in Punta Cana, I wouldn’t want to DD the wrangler.

The LC200 is like a good Home. A little boring at times but secure and reliable. Will turn on every time. Airbags all around. Comfortable ride. Can handle big dogs, gear, and family. Will take us to and from everywhere.

Wife and I netted that they are different vehicles with different mission sets. Everyone needs a home and then a vacation from it. We will consider a 2 door bronco as the third ‘fun’ vehicle to our fleet in a year or two.

Looking at the pictures and having seen the Sport versions in person, they just look like cheap plastic on even cheaper looking wheels. I don’t understand where the appeal is. If I want a boxy looking vehicle, it’s either the G-Wagon or Jeep. Land Rover at least made a decent attempt with the Discovery, which I think looks a bit lame but the interior is much nicer compared to the Bronco. Granted, it’s overpriced. Nice thing about the Jeep, you have a huge resource of aftermarket parts/suppliers to make it your own and can really change how it drives as well. The Bronco seats are even cheapo looking. I like some Ford products but this is not one of them. Just my .02 and. I have no doubt that someone will think I’m out of my mind. 🤷🏻

Yeah my thoughts too. Ford parts bin plastic buttons and an exercise in large injection molded plastic interior.

Looks like a disposable vehicle.

Kudos to Ford for being able to sell such junk.

Looking at the pictures and having seen the Sport versions in person, they just look like cheap plastic on even cheaper looking wheels. I don’t understand where the appeal is. If I want a boxy looking vehicle, it’s either the G-Wagon or Jeep. Land Rover at least made a decent attempt with the Discovery, which I think looks a bit lame but the interior is much nicer compared to the Bronco. Granted, it’s overpriced. Nice thing about the Jeep, you have a huge resource of aftermarket parts/suppliers to make it your own and can really change how it drives as well. The Bronco seats are even cheapo looking. I like some Ford products but this is not one of them. Just my .02 and. I have no doubt that someone will think I’m out of my mind. 🤷🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom