Trade 100 for 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2001 Cruiser with 190k miles that is mildly built with sliders, at tires, Slee Blueberry and some cosmetic changes. My mom has a 2008 200 with 200k miles that is completely stock. Should I trade and start a 200 build or continue building my hundy? I am in a dilemma. Also hers is in the awful bright blue color with some dings and the diff is leaking I believe.

Impossible for us to give you that answer. Personal choice for sure, get the one you like better.

I know, but think about what you would do. The 200 has more power and newer technology, but is it as reliable as the 100? I do not know much about the 200 so thats why I made this thread. I am just looking to do a normal build with a mild lift, sliders, bumpers, a roof rack, wheels and tires, then maybe an air compressor and other goodies. It will be my daily driver and a weekend toy for camping and wheeling. If I didn't have any sentimental ties to my 100 maybe it would be an easier decision. Just looking for other, more experienced members, advice.

Ya just straight trade, its my mom's and my younger brother needs a vehicle so he was supposed to get the 200, but doesn't want it. He likes my Hundy though. He isn't a car guy sadly and doesn't appreciate the 200.

I think both are really reliable rigs. If both were in your driveway which would you pick to drive? Go with that one.

Might want to post this in the 200 forum and run it by some owners that have moved from a 100 to a 200. I'm sure there are plenty of them out there. Ask their opinion, after having owned both.

Good idea, thanks for the help. I'd probably keep the 100 if it had the 5.7 instead of the 4.7.

@camino70 Haha, possibly if I don't take it. My Hundy just has a lot of sentimental value as I grew up in it. Where in Atlanta are you? ITP or OTP?

I was in Grant park, but now in Canton, but right on the border of Milton.

I'd love to get into a 200, but you can't exactly replace sentimental value.

If you need a hand some time or going somewhere fun, pm me.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely let you know because I am in Alpharetta off exit 10, want to wrench on my Cruiser and don't have any experience besides putting on sliders. I go to school in TN though so I am not in town all year. If it wasn't a matter of sentimental value I'd be in the 200 tomorrow!

I talked the wife into a 200 and we picked up an LX570 this past August. It's a damn nice truck and a straight trade is a no-brainer deal. Assuming your mom didn't abuse it, knowing the history is a sweet bonus.

The real reason to trade though is your brother. What's he gonna drive if not your 100? A Heep? Heaven forbid a Rover. You owe it to him to convert him to a Mudder. Keeping it in the family should ease some of the attachment, if a pallet of goodies from Slee doesn't make you forget about it entirely. My brother is now into FJ40s. It's nice having someone to wrench with, steal tools from, and hit the trails with...if he ever gets it back together.

Check out the Costa Azul Mica paint the LX came in, it'll make you feel much better about the blue.

That is a good point about getting the brother into Cruisers. I really like the Blue LX color actually, but the Blue 200 is a nasty blue, I can't even describe it. Ya it has never hit the dirt, but she rides the brakes and goes through them like crazy, but thats not a problem. As of now I just can't see myself getting rid of the Hundy and maybe I can get into a 200 in the future. The Hundy has a timeless look imho, but I like the ride and power of her 200. I'll just have to convince him to take the 200 so we can go wheeling together.

I have a 2001 Cruiser with 190k miles that is mildly built with sliders, at tires, Slee Blueberry and some cosmetic changes. My mom has a 2008 200 with 200k miles that is completely stock. Should I trade and start a 200 build or continue building my hundy? I am in a dilemma. Also hers is in the awful bright blue color with some dings and the diff is leaking I believe.
If in equal condition, the 200 is a WAY better deal. NO doubt

Oh, ...and this thread needs pics!

. . . or it is worthless. haha

Just had this talk w/ my significant other. A 200 is very tempting. But I am keeping the 100 b/c nothing is wrong with it. It just runs and runs. Oh, and it has a pretty nice stereo system in it.

My experience is they are both good vehicles. The big thing for me was divers position, and visibility in the 200.The extra power and kdss with crawl is a bonus. The looks are just not there and the rear jump seats are more trouble to remove.

Just really seems that the 100 is the last generation for the connoisseur and the 200 was built for the masses. I did have the choice and kept my 100. When I wear this one out and I can't find a low mile 100 I will move to the 200.

whatever keeps you out of debt would be the wise thing to do

Trade with the only catch being your lil-bro can't sell the hundy!

You get first dibs if/when he ever decides he wants to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom