Traction Control Light Rabbit Hole. PLEASE help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the guy i bought it from send me a car-fax on it and actually the mileage seems spot on. Mileage is listed all the way up to 2014 and it was at 120k. Now in 2019 it's at 170k which seems reasonable. maybe the milage is stored on the ECU or something and simply projected on the screen. if that's the case i'll do some further inspection and potentially just get the correct cluster for it.

hold

so of course curiosity got the better of me. Is this what i'm looking for?

KPS2e4A.jpg

EDIT: the guy told me some of the brake parts had to be replaced. i'm finding out what.

Mileage follows dash.
You do not show all the system check lights on start up. This may be more evidence this isn't year correct dash.
Post picture of entire brake master?

Shouldn't have vsc, this is why 98 99 had lsd or lc had locker. Someone cluster swapped it and you've got a mixed up illumination wire going to that bulb. The first lx I looked at had a cluster that said 150k the t belt sticker under hood said 280k 5 years prior, people swap these things and sometimes it's intentional

Shouldn't have vsc, this is why 98 99 had lsd or lc had locker. Someone cluster swapped it and you've got a mixed up illumination wire going to that bulb. The first lx I looked at had a cluster that said 150k the t belt sticker under hood said 280k 5 years prior, people swap these things and sometimes it's intentional

that's fun. well i wonder how many miles this actually has? as mentioned above this vehicle seems pretty in-line with the milage claims on carfax.

Need some else to post picture of 98-99. Here a CN 00LX.

I found a picture of 00LX MFD date January 2000 for a LX 470 Canada.
I see the 00LX has same number of wire block housing as yours, but more wire in the rear wire housing block. So seems you've the older ABS.

Here picture of this same 00LX instruments first few seconds during test faze.

You can also pull history at Lexus.
by the way thank you for all your help. i pulled history at lexus and it only went up to like 65k miles so it wasn't super helpful. i'm really frustrated with this. time for a wild goose chase.

You've had a dash swap. Mine does not have Active Trac or VHC light and I KNOW mine is original.

Oh crap. This just occurred to me... this means whatever light it is that’s lighting up could be something bad and I don’t know what it is. I ran the scan tool and nothing comes up, but does this mean I should not drive until I get the proper 1999 dash?

Also. Is the LC dash the same as the LX? I am going to start hunting for one right now.

Here’s the funny thin. I ran out of wiper fluid yesterday. I’m going to fill it up and see if the slip light is the wiper fluid light. That would be hilarious.

Usually I see car-fax with at least some title and or inspection mileage year. Lexus.com is only if at Lexus for service, and is often lacking info on older rig. You can call Lexus and speak with parts. They can pull up even more info and drill down to actual parts.

LX and LC instrument panels are very different and older LC do not have AHC.

Altering mileage is not only reason guys swap instrument/dash panel. Sometimes it's and electrical issue or a cracked/scratched up lens. Look for a 98-99 instrument panel from parts rig. They can be had for under a $100 and give a try.

Reading through tech stream may be revealing. It that it may shouw you've no DTC.
How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes

Usually I see car-fax with at least some title and or inspection mileage year. Lexus.com is only if at Lexus for service, and is often lacking info on older rig. You can call Lexus and speak with parts. They can pull up even more info and drill down to actual parts.

LX and LC instrument panels are very different and older LC do not have AHC.

Altering mileage is not only reason guys swap instrument/dash panel. Sometimes it's and electrical issue or a cracked/scratched up lens. Look for a 98-99 instrument panel from parts rig. They can be had for under a $100 and give a try.

Reading through tech stream may be revealing. It that it may shouw you've no DTC.
How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes

If you’re ever in south Florida I’m buying you a beer. I’ll get on the tech stream thing (which I was going to do anyway to program keys and eventually so the “ahc lift” so now is a good time. Thanks again.

that's fun. well i wonder how many miles this actually has? as mentioned above this vehicle seems pretty in-line with the milage claims on carfax.

When we swap clusters we source similar mileage one's from lkq or similar parts suppliers, you might be good on accuracy of mileage. Like 2001lc said original could of had an issue. If you're coming up clean I wouldn't be concerned, maybe find out what pin in going to that bulb it likely needs to go elsewhere.

When we swap clusters we source similar mileage one's from lkq or similar parts suppliers, you might be good on accuracy of mileage. Like 2001lc said original could of had an issue. If you're coming up clean I wouldn't be concerned, maybe find out what pin in going to that bulb it likely needs to go elsewhere.
Yeah that's what i'm thinking. i'm probably still going to get a correct dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom