TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet the splash shields that go by the radiator and sides of the engine would be a good item 🤔 I have to repair mine.

That one is too early. 5/80 it was redesigned to include an extra vertical tube. The spacing on the hinges changed. I would like a later one myself. If I do decide to build my 82 tube and frame would have to decide if I want to use an earlier support bracket of keep the original to the 82. Have a few spare 8/76-5/80 tire carriers.
View attachment 3268076

Would you be interested in selling one?

I tried to send you a PM, but wouldn’t allow me.

We have two different styles of our front bezels, round and squared styles! Currently available in either chrome or black primer. Also we have protection rails for FJ45s in stock! Come stop by to check them out or email us at sales@tpautoparts.com to request pictures and videos of any parts you need!

image2.JPG

20230323_132826.jpg

20230323_133050.jpg

image0.JPG

How are the updated floor pans coming along?

Ian

Hi Ian, we are still waiting for the factory to respond to us about the update. I will email you once we get an update. Sorry for the wait.

Mathew
Thanks for the response, I’m not in any rush.
Just want to keep me on your radar… as it were.

Ian

protection rail for the FJ45 is commonly referred to as a headache rack.

looks nice

Yes, I bought an 84 SR5 brand new. The first thing I notice was, although the paint color matched bed to cab, the paint on the bed
was much easier scratched. First trip out with two small kids standing in the bed while driving down a dirt road at about 10 mph,
the paint rubbed down to metal under the soles of their tennis shoes. The bed was USA made, The cab from Japan

Yes, I bought an 84 SR5 brand new. The first thing I notice was, although the paint color matched bed to cab, the paint on the bed
was much easier scratched. First trip out with two small kids standing in the bed while driving down a dirt road at about 10 mph,
the paint rubbed down to metal under the soles of their tennis shoes. The bed was USA made, The cab from Japan

Somehow that does not surprise me. As Winston Churchill said, ( America will always do the right thing, after all other avenues have been exhausted.)

I had a very productive visit with Tim and Bruce’s nephew yesterday at the warehouse. I shared a lot of technical information with them, so much so that Tim opined that half an hour with Markopedia was like a whole semester in college.
I would very much like to see this venture succeed, even though I have no direct or indirect gain in it…yet. Rather than watch them be pulled in a myriad of directions that cannot be economically justified yet, I offered my opinions on limiting design changes until they have recouped more of their tooling costs.
First and foremost, they recognize that it was a mistake to build the original tub with the’83 dashboard. They now have a ‘77 dashboard to copy, and I believe that will put them squarely in the middle of their target market.

Secondly because of the sheer number of people looking to put modified powertrains in their 40s, I opined that they should only produce tubs that use the taller 4speed hump for now .

Third, as we were discussing the many iterations of the hardtop sides, and how the early hatch-style requires holes in the rear pillar for the struts and strikers, Tim more or less spontaneously hit upon the idea of putting reinforcement plates into ALL the panels at those points so that users could drill and thread the panels as needed without them having to make a different panel. This on-the-fly idea impressed me hugely.
The company is somewhat uniquely situated to be as big as it is and still be able to adapt and implement changes that readily. There is enormous potential here if they don’t get pulled in too many directions at once.

We are discussing the possibility of me taking on a long-term advisory position.😉

Last edited:
I had a very productive visit with Tim and Bruce’s nephew yesterday at the warehouse. I shared a lot of technical information with them, so much so that Tim opined that half an hour with Markopedia was like a whole semester in college.
I would very much like to see this venture succeed, even though I have no direct or indirect gain in it…yet. Rather than watch them be pulled in a myriad of directions that cannot be economically justified yet, I offered my opinions on limiting design changes until they have recouped more of their tooling costs.
First and foremost, they recognize that it was a mistake to build the original tub with the’83 dashboard. They now have a ‘77 dashboard to copy, and I believe that will put them squarely in the middle of their target market.

Secondly because of the sheer number of people looking to put modified powertrains in their 40s, I opined that they should only produce tubs that use the taller 4speed hump for now .

Third, as we were discussing the many iterations of the hardtop sides, and how the early hatch-style requires holes in the rear pillar for the struts and strikers, Tim more or less spontaneously hit upon the idea of putting reinforcement plates into ALL the panels at those points so that users could drill and thread as needed without having to make a different panel. This on-the-fly idea impressed me hugely.
The company is somewhat uniquely situated to be as big as it is and still adapt and implement changes that readily. There is enormous potential here if they don’t get pulled in too many directions at once.

We are discussing the possibility of me taking on a long-term advisory position.😉

I mentioned the dash right away but don't think they understood the low demand for the insert dash. I'm thinking they may have had a 82 RHD to start with. Those had the insert dash but not the redesigned transmission hump. Otherwise they would probably make that version of the hump. RHD 82 got the insert dash a year ahead of the LHD. Haven't seen the inside of the glovebox opening but doubt it's made for the twist knob versus the straight pull. Twist knob was never used on RHD 40 series. Collapsible steering column was also LHD but not in all markets. Would rather see the hump designed for the five speed over the glove box catch. That would benefit those running different power trains and still work with stock running gear.

Outstanding advice.
The quicker they get that earlier tub out the door the quicker that will take off in the US. There is literally no competition if they can make a good steel tub.
I also agree they need to forget the niche products until they get a viable tub to market.

Third, as we were discussing the many iterations of the hardtop sides, and how the early hatch-style requires holes in the rear pillar for the struts and strikers, Tim more or less spontaneously hit upon the idea of putting reinforcement plates into ALL the panels at those points so that users could drill and thread the panels as needed without having to make a different panel. This on-the-fly idea impressed me hugely.
The company is somewhat uniquely situated to be as big as it is and still be able to adapt and implement changes that readily. There is enormous potential here if they don’t get pulled in too many directions at once.

Fantastic news. I've always thought they need an US based advisor. Your location proximity and experience can't be beat. If they can get all these parts right, and most importantly implement a quality check process in the factory, this will be a huge win for the community.

New samples will be scanned/sent overseas shortly.View attachment 3266808
Mark, thanks for sharing. Glad to see the rear hatch added to the pile to be scanned. In the northeast, I seriously doubt there are any without some form of rust. I have two that I planned to piece together. Seeing this, I surely can wait because I hate body work. Looking forward to the older parts.

Hi Ian, we are still waiting for the factory to respond to us about the update. I will email you once we get an update. Sorry for the wait.

Mathew

Ian, here are the new floor pans -- in gauge 14! Slower than expected (way too many projects on going...) but we met our promise...... they are coming in next containers.

Tim
floor pans 14 gauge.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom