TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our parts are all separated.

So the piece to use to hold the hood down is loose not welded?
WeChat Image_20230131091356.jpg

For some reason I can not copy a paste the picture below the apron with the two catches. Those being or welded am what I am referring to.

With the confusion of what parts are being called it might be less confusing if your price sheet included a diagram with each part identified with a number. That way it could used to see exactly what part it is on price sheet.

So the piece to use to hold the hood down is loose not welded?
View attachment 3237959
For some reason I can not copy a paste the picture below the apron with the two catches. Those being or welded am what I am referring to.

With the confusion of what parts are being called it might be less confusing if your price sheet included a diagram with each part identified with a number. That way it could used to see exactly what part it is on price sheet.
Welded on already but we can sell loose ones as well

Hi Guys,

TP Auto Parts (Manufacturer Direct Store) will open for business starting from February 20, 2023. We are located at 26201 Ynez Rd., Temecula, CA92591.

We have thousands of aftermarket body parts to choose from, and most importantly, we have the most comprehensive list of 79-83 FJ40/FJ45 body parts, assemblies, window glass, and more! We are also in the process of getting the 74-78 model body parts, which should be available to ship in March 2023.

Welcome to visit us!

To request for a list of parts available and pricing, please send an email to tim@topnault.com.

Website: www.tpautoparts.com (will be working before 2/20/2023)

View attachment 3229842View attachment 3229843View attachment 3229846View attachment 3229847View attachment 3229859

HOW TO ORDER PARTS:

I have been receiving inquiries on how to order the parts. Due to the slow progress of our web store development, we decide to launch a temporary ordering program by email, for which we will offer 10% discount for all orders before 2/20/2023, the physical store opening date. Please check the attached price list and ordering procedure if you want to reserve your parts. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are working hard to to get the webstore working on or before the store opening date.

Tim

Attachments

• FJ40 Ordering Before Store Open.pdf
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
  • FJ40 Series Products and Prices 20230206 Before Store Open.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 117
Prices are reasonable. Unfortunately looks like the 79-84 dash will only works for 1082-10/84. Those were the only years the insert dash was used on LHD 40 series. In the US only a couple hundred 10/82+ were ever imported. Without a source for the insert panel most would have to fill the center and start over. 78-82 models have a brake warning and seat belts lights. Doesn't appear you make that dash.

On the 79-82 FJ40 rear corner panels are those made so ambulance doors will fit flush?

Prices are reasonable. Unfortunately looks like the 79-84 dash will only works for 1082-10/84. Those were the only years the insert dash was used on LHD 40 series. In the US only a couple hundred 10/82+ were ever imported. Without a source for the insert panel most would have to fill the center and start over. 78-82 models have a brake warning and seat belts lights. Doesn't appear you make that dash.

On the 79-82 FJ40 rear corner panels are those made so ambulance doors will fit flush?
We definitely need to dig this deeper to understand better....

I have to say, those prices are pretty damn appealing! List price includes ALL costs except sales tax? If someone was to pick up parts at your warehouse, we would just have to pay sales tax on top of the list prices?

It is correct. Thanks!

Are you saying the rear corners are made for ambulance doors? A 82 tub that needs help.
PXL_20230206_211327092.jpg
PXL_20230206_211343991.jpg

Here is the brake warning on seat belt light opening on 9/77-10/82.
PXL_20230206_211402635.jpg

The brake and seat belt lights were in more markets than the US. Padded dash has a channel to attach the dash pad. Probably easy to add.

Two different opening for steering columns she adds in the US. 9/72-7/80.
PXL_20230206_211547226.jpg

The 8/80-9/83
PXL_20230206_211355520.jpg

Collapsible steering column was not in all markets

Seems like they are bringing into the USA a bunch of parts that aren't going to fit many of our rigs. TP Auto Parts hopefully will be able to switch over to the older (pre-1979 & pre-1968) versions that thousands of US owners need and crave. I for one am waiting anxiously to see what the store and website contain.

Just seeing this, but man am I excited! I'm in Temecula 2-3x a week as is, will have to stop by!

Got a door in today for a project. Quality looks good upon first inspection. It is going a driver-quality 40 and not a perfect restoration so this was a much more logical option then spending 10-14 labor hours repairing a rusty door that would still need to be painted a different color.

808EF718-EA9A-4710-A0E2-6D156469728D.jpeg

EC73DDE7-5C0E-4B21-800F-C6EE3D3F3603.jpeg

I can only agree with locklaw, but then again, I have my collector's and perfectionist hat on.

The chinese aftermarket parts are a good thing for people that just want to have a daily driver, take their rig off-road, want to do a restomod, just don't care about originality or are not prepared to spend 100K for a full 100% restoration.

I needed to have a rig for off-roading so I have tested a few of the juncheng parts (bonnet - doors) and we ordered a full body to fix onto my BJ40 chassis. Their design is nowhere near the original. Adaptations (cutting - welding) are required to make sure you can bolt the damned thing. Metal thickness is not the same as the original....Again, you get what you pay for... if you like to tinker and you have the capabilities to do so, then this is great...

I don't know about the US but there are a couple of companies in Europe that can do a perfect job to take your 40/42/43/46/45 tub and rebuild an entire new body. This will cost you 2X or 3X the chinese price. There are literally hundred of man hours to be spent on such a job, a lot of CAD work upfront to design the parts, molds to make, metal to lasercut and bend..... For the price, design will be 100% conform to original (all their design start from the original OEM part). Metal thickness is respected and sometimes increased...and they even make invisible improvements to reduce vibrations or metal deformations.....

To quote a famous French film dialogue writer : "le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste".

This is what is so cool about Landcruisers : classic car collectors and 4x4 petrol heads can share the same passion....

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-07 at 11.30.38.jpeg

Last edited:
Great feed back, thank you mate!

PS. You're right: (once paid) you forget about the price and enjoy the quality ("le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste") Lol...

I can only agree with locklaw, but then again, I have my collector's and perfectionist hat on.

The chinese aftermarket parts are a good thing for people that just want to have a daily driver, take their rig off-road, want to do a restomod, just don't care about originality or are not prepared to spend 100K for a full 100% restoration.

I needed to have a rig for off-roading so I have tested a few of the juncheng parts (bonnet - doors) and we ordered a full body to fix onto my BJ40 chassis. Their design is nowhere near the original. Adaptations (cutting - welding) are required to make sure you can bolt the damned thing. Metal thickness is not the same as the original....Again, you get what you pay for... if you like to tinker and you have the capabilities to do so, then this is great...

I don't know about the US but there are a couple of companies in Europe that can do a perfect job to take your 40/42/43/46/45 tub and rebuild an entire new body. This will cost you 2X or 3X the chinese price. There are literally hundred of man hours to be spent on such a job, a lot of CAD work upfront to design the parts, molds to make, metal to lasercut and bend..... For the price, design will be 100% conform to original (all their design start from the original OEM part). Metal thickness is respected and sometimes increased...and they even make invisible improvements to reduce vibrations or metal deformations.....

To quote a famous French film dialogue writer : "le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste".

This is what is so cool about Landcruisers : classic car collectors and 4x4 petrol heads can share the same passion....

View attachment 3242718

Thank you for the feedback even though I am not quite agree. When I decided to put my money and bring their products into US, its not just a Chinese product anymore. If what you said is true (and I guess at least some of it is true, since my supplier already started to redo some of the tooling), it will change, change and change. I hope to receive more direct feedback on which part we did wrong and how to make it better. We are willing to put time and money in it. Time will tell.

By reading your note, I am still trying to figure out this "hundred of man hours to be spent on such a job, a lot of CAD work upfront to design the parts, molds to make, metal to lasercut and bend....." and trying to figure out what they do differently from my supplier, other than that my supplier has a more capable and state-of-the-art production process. If shops in Europe do the same and use the parts out of similar process, and what does it mean a"100% restoration"?

We are selling the products in a more competitive price is not because we have to, it is because we can, and the customers want. If you are my customer in US, I will work with you to improve our products better and to help you solve your problem. But with our effort putting in, all customers in the world will benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom