TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Few things on the US market tubs were not the same 79-83. On 8/80 the steering column opening changed for the collapsible steering column. 10/81 switch bracket for room light was added to A pillars, this is an easy fix. 10/82 the dash changed for the insert piece and the transmission hump changed so the H55F five speed have clearance. LHD insert dash is a concern since those are hard to source for LHD, only used 10/82+. When you can find one they are usually missing parts and radio opening is hacked for an aftermarket radio. May be more popular having the pre 10/82 dash. But the H55F while never offered in the US it is a popular upgrade. The later hump/inspection cover are compatible to four speeds as well as five speed.
Thank you for the input. I will study it...

I want to think this is a good thing, but it seems like we'll now have a bunch of Chinese bodies being bolted onto trucks that might have otherwise been restored. Just like the influx of badly restored south American trucks has tainted the market, a lot of buyers won't know the difference between an original U.S. spec cruiser and a non. I guess we'll see.
There should always be a way to tell if it is a classic collection or a complete new body I guess, for a true collector. On the other side of it, we supply not only the whole shell but all body part pieces. So we offer an option to customers to what extent they want to "restore" their vehicles.

I want to think this is a good thing, but it seems like we'll now have a bunch of Chinese bodies being bolted onto trucks that might have otherwise been restored. Just like the influx of badly restored south American trucks has tainted the market, a lot of buyers won't know the difference between an original U.S. spec cruiser and a non. I guess we'll see.
And I am curious about what you may think of those aluminum bodies, the fiberglass ones, and, the ”stainless steel“ ones?! :)

there are other steel body manufacturers... and steel panels several

yeah they are dipped... they will still only last a few years in the upper north east and canada before rust starts to creep its way in, the cruisers have way too many nooks and crannies that hold the road salt.

There is only one manufacturer in aluminum ... aqualu.... (north america... teseven no longer making in aluminum for purchase)

there is two with possibility for 3 fiberglass north america

zero manufacturers in stainless steel like teseven used to make
I see your point. We do manufacture a lots of parts including OEM parts with aluminum. So technically its not an issue. We just did not pick that route believing that people may like more close to the original. I checked several aluminum tubs myself and I respect it. They put a lot of good work into it.

There are ways to improve the protection, such as undercoating.

What gauge/thickness of sheet metal are they made of?

Is this (1.0-1.2mm/gauge 19) the factory thickness/gauge ?

Hi Guys,

TP Auto Parts (Manufacturer Direct Store) will open for business starting from February 20, 2023. We are located at 26201 Ynez Rd., Temecula, CA92591.

We have thousands of aftermarket body parts to choose from, and most importantly, we have the most comprehensive list of 79-83 FJ40/FJ45 body parts, assemblies, window glass, and more! We are also in the process of getting the 74-78 model body parts, which should be available to ship in March 2023.

Welcome to visit us!

To request for a list of parts available and pricing, please send an email to tim@topnault.com.

Website: www.tpautoparts.com (will be working before 2/20/2023)

View attachment 3229842View attachment 3229843View attachment 3229846View attachment 3229847View attachment 3229859

What about the early years ?

1.0-1.2mm, which is equivalent to Gauge 19 sheet metal.
I think factory is closer to 16g. I know a factory fender is a lot heavier than the aftermarket ones out there. It will resist dents more too, like an acorn dropping on it. I have seen those dent the thin aftermarket fenders.

Can you make them out of thicker metal?

I think factory is closer to 16g. I know a factory fender is a lot heavier than the aftermarket ones out there. It will resist dents more too, like an acorn dropping on it. I have seen those dent the thin aftermarket fenders.

Can you make them out of thicker metal?
Yes we can. For some parts we are using thicker gauge of sheet metal -- now I am not confident with the number I gave you :) I will have to check with our production people before getting back to you.

Yes we will! There is an event for the FJ40 SoCal group scheduled for our store's opening day. You are welcome to join!
Is this on February 20? I don't have a 40, but would love to attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom