Toyotasurf.asn.au Forum Download. Information Regarding the Hilux/Surfs, 2LT, 2LTE, 3L, and 1KZ-TE Engines. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple months ago i started a hobby of archiving old websites, and It came in handy when the toyotasurf.asn.au forum went down. This forum focused heavily on the hilux's and surf's, and their respective 2LT, 2LTE, 3L, 1KZ-TE engines. A couple of cruisers share these engines with the surfs, so hopefully this info can help out fellow mudders. Their techsite was religiously posted all over the internet and luckily most of it is still here. I've attached an upload of what i've backed up. This isn't a full download, as the tool i was using missed some things, but it has a fair amount of what was posted. Most of the links on the page will not work as intended, so you will have to navigate the information using Windows File Explorer. I understand that most people won't easily understand how to navigate the folder trees, so ill try to explain it as best i can.

This is stored in a compressed file, as it is rather large, so you first need to get a tool such as Winrar or 7zip to unpack the file. The uncompressed download is around 661MB while the uncompressed files are 2.8GB.
Download Link Here

The majority of the information is stored in the folder "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au". Every other folder in the main tree contains various images that were linked on the forum, but previously hosted on other sites.

Underneath the "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au\techsite" folder, numerous articles from the previous techsite can be located here, along with some subfolders with other images, tech write-ups, and pdfs. Underneath the folder "downloads" there are a fair amount of PDF's with shop drawings and information on it. If you explore the folder trees a bit more there are other miscellaneous pages.

1c1e8741e106eceb78047f2e21fe566c.png
5b49a19d4978b9d665ad31656b38b45f.png

There are around 26500 forum threads underneath the "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au\forum" folder. Sadly, my tool converted the forum thread ID's incorrectly, so if you are looking for a specific thread or post, you are going to be using windows search. For example, if you're looking for posts by the user "Reece", open up the folder with the forum threads, and on the windows 10 search bar on the top right corner, enter "content:Reece". This will list any page that has the username on it. This also works for keywords you are searching for.

420b150594c545958dcc06c97df9525b.png

If you are looking for a specific page and already have the URL, you should first try the Wayback Machine. They have a good chunk of the links saved in their archive but not all.

If you need any help finding a specific thread or write-up, let me know and i can help you out.

Last edited:
A couple months ago i started a hobby of archiving old websites, and It came in handy when the toyotasurf.asn.au forum went down. This forum focused heavily on the hilux's and surf's, and their respective 2LT, 2LTE, 3L, 1KZ-TE engines. A couple of cruisers share these engines with the surfs, so hopefully this info can help out fellow mudders. Their techsite was religiously posted all over the internet and luckily most of it is still here. I've attached an upload of what i've backed up. This isn't a full download, as the tool i was using missed some things, but it has a fair amount of what was posted. Most of the links on the page will not work as intended, so you will have to navigate the information using Windows File Explorer. I understand that most people won't easily understand how to navigate the folder trees, so ill try to explain it as best i can.

This is stored in a compressed file, as it is rather large, so you first need to get a tool such as Winrar or 7zip to unpack the file. The uncompressed download is around 661MB while the uncompressed files are 2.8GB.
Download Link Here

The majority of the information is stored in the folder "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au". Every other folder in the main tree contains various images that were linked on the forum, but previously hosted on other sites.

Underneath the "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au\techsite" folder, numerous articles from the previous techsite can be located here, along with some subfolders with other images, tech write-ups, and pdfs. Underneath the folder "downloads" there are a fair amount of PDF's with shop drawings and information on it. If you explore the folder trees a bit more there are other miscellaneous pages.

View attachment 2543162View attachment 2543164

There are around 26500 forum threads underneath the "backup\toyotasurf.asn.au\toyotasurf.asn.au\forum" folder. Sadly, my tool converted the forum thread ID's incorrectly, so if you are looking for a specific thread or post, you are going to be using windows search. For example, if you're looking for posts by the user "Reece", open up the folder with the forum threads, and on the windows 10 search bar on the top right corner, enter "content:Reece". This will list any page that has the username on it. This also works for keywords you are searching for.

View attachment 2543165

If you are looking for a specific page and already have the URL, you should first try the Wayback Machine. They have a good chunk of the links saved in their archive but not all.

If you need any help finding a specific thread or write-up, let me know and i can help you out.
Hi Jeremy when I try to unpack it it says it is unknown format or damaged. I am using Winrar.

Alright mate,

don't suppose you can prove a fresh link to this download? Seems to have been removed from Google drive and would be real useful.

All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom