Toyota's new fascination w/ Torx on the 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Conspiracy by the tool companys. Need people to buy new tools. Look at the NG containers they change nozzle types every few years... claiming, better safety... I am sure that's the top proirity and not the fact everyones gotta buy new stuff

rzpapp said:
Conspiracy by the tool companys. Need people to buy new tools. Look at the NG containers they change nozzle types every few years... claiming, better safety... I am sure that's the top proirity and not the fact everyones gotta buy new stuff

Yeah, because buying a torx socket is all of $1.
:rolleyes:

I think it's just mechanical progression. Screws used to all be flat-head, then phillips, now torx... each one a little better than the previous.

I've noticed alot of professional built decks and homes are going to torx sockets for these reasons as well.

because they can use machines(robots?) not humans I suspect.

when I reliazed it was my 1st cruiser them............. I was kinda Torxed off :D

did you mean torque tools? like torque wrench and stuff? so that each nut and bolt requires a pre determined ft/lb of force? or did you mean the Torx the hex head kind of screws?

Don't know to whom your asking about torque vs torx, but I'm talking about the torx design 15 and 0 degree pressure face tools and `sockets' if you will.

Also throws off the petty theives in the third world who can't afford a $1 tool for at least a couple of weeks.

3fj40 said:
Don't know to whom your asking about torque vs torx, but I'm talking about the torx design 15 and 0 degree pressure face tools and `sockets' if you will.

ohh my bad :) i spend too much time on my corvette and on that everythign is torqued :)

NMuzj100 said:
Also throws off the petty theives in the third world who can't afford a $1 tool for at least a couple of weeks.

This is the reasoning I see as well. On some vehicles I've seen, every bolt or screw is a regular hex or Phillips, except for the license plate, which is Torx. Nowadays, with people carrying Phillips and flat on their keychains (Leathermans, Swiss Army knives, etc.), a Torx is just unique enough to prevent someone from having one handy to get your plates (or lenses, or headlamps, etc.). Sort of like an alarm system: it won't stop the determined and skilled thief, but may make it easier for them to move on to another vehicle.

My $0.02,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom