Toyotapartsdeal.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is likely an extra post, but I didn't want my experience to get buried in another thread so that others can see it quickly.

Back in January I ordered a set of 2nd row seat belts for my 100 series. I entered the VIN number, selected the right color, clicked order, and was stoked to get some new seatbelts with working retractors.

Order showed up quickly, but the belts were the wrong color. I opened an RMA case, they took about a week to respond and said that this is the only color available now and the old part number was superseded. I didn't think much of that, figured I'd just roll with the color and figure out a way to rebuild the existing ones at some point.

Then about two weeks later, I went to install the new ones, and found out they had shipped me two right hand side seatbelts instead of a right and a left as ordered. I called in, the RMA department told me they'd speak with management and get back to me. I never got a response, called back a week later, and this time the excuse was "we're now out of the 30 day window, let me see if I can talk to a manager to see if we can get an exception". I balked at that, because I noted I had called in previously, prior to the 30 day window and never got a callback. The staff member politely apologized and said they would call back after speaking with a manager.

The cycle of "I'll speak with a manager and call you back" continued weekly until in April, I spoke with someone new in the RMA department who asked me to send in pictures indicating that the belts are two right handed ones. So I did, never heard anything back. I called back, and the "we need to talk with a manager cycle" continued.

I finally got to speak with a manager this week (they'd never transfer me before, they'd just hang up). The manager (Frank) informed me that it is company policy not to call customers back, so there's no way his employees ever said that. Then he said my order was far too old for them to do anything about, told me I could maybe dispute it with the credit card company, said bye, and hung up on me while I was in the middle of politely trying to re-explain the situation so he could understand what had gone on.

The shipping was fast, and I did get some parts, but in my opinion they actively attempted to stall giving me any kind of customer service so they didn't have to and just kept my money.

If you DID use a credit card or Paypal, contact the credit company, write a very lengthy explanation with ALL the details, times, dates, who you spoke with, their responses. I hope you get your money back AND keep whatever was sent to you.

Many of the conglomerate parts places on the Internet have multiple operations for different makes. Some are also certified dealers using a different name than their dealership. when you buy locally thru your dealership, you may pay more, but you have a place where you can go argue your case. Additionally if you ever again get the runaround, STOP, and immediately file for a refund with your credit card company. Do not let them run out the time clock by leading you on.

Good advice @Bear. You are dealing with a big box warehouse type store and money is not spent on the customer experience! I bought a lot of things from them and I cant recall any real issues. I guess the best advice is to check all parts as soon as they arrive and return immediately if not right.

Feel lucky it was only a seatbelt. I ordered an entire brake system (calipers, wheel cylinders, rotors, and drums) for a car I was restoring, and it sat for over a year before I realized it was for the wrong car! I didnt even bother to try and return. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom