Toyota V12 into 105 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Locked79 did you hear anything from the OP?

are you planing on having a thread on your build?
No I haven't heard anything from the OP.

Yes, I will do a build thread once it progresses a little. Atm I'm doing a lot of research on what works and what doesn't in regards to transmission options, I seem to be hitting hurdles left, right and center.

I can mount a hilux transfer to the original A342e box but its a center/high output which is not ideal. I really want to use the hf1a transfer, which will almost work with a jeep xj 23 spline adapter but the spline diameter is out by .055". I believe i could use the A442f i have but it has cable line pressure control, which won't work easily with the dbw set-up im planning on using.

Once the transmission obstacles are overcome and the engine is mounted in the chassis, I'll start a new thread.

I see a few little obstacles with getting the engine low enough and front diff clearance, but am confident these can be overcome with a satisfactory outcome. (Will not be spending the $7500 for a billet mid sump setup)

No I haven't heard anything from the OP.

Yes, I will do a build thread once it progresses a little. Atm I'm doing a lot of research on what works and what doesn't in regards to transmission options, I seem to be hitting hurdles left, right and center.

I can mount a hilux transfer to the original A342e box but its a center/high output which is not ideal. I really want to use the hf1a transfer, which will almost work with a jeep xj 23 spline adapter but the spline diameter is out by .055". I believe i could use the A442f i have but it has cable line pressure control, which won't work easily with the dbw set-up im planning on using.

Once the transmission obstacles are overcome and the engine is mounted in the chassis, I'll start a new thread.

I see a few little obstacles with getting the engine low enough and front diff clearance, but am confident these can be overcome with a satisfactory outcome. (Will not be spending the $7500 for a billet mid sump setup)
If you can use the A442, then couldn’t you also use the later A343 aka it have to worry about the cable?

If you can use the A442, then couldn’t you also use the later A343 aka it have to worry about the cable?
Not readily available here in Aus, all our 80s had the a442f and our 100/105 came with a442f/a750f. We got the 343 in the hilux and surf, but only a light duty version.

Not readily available here in Aus, all our 80s had the a442f and our 100/105 came with a442f/a750f. We got the 343 in the hilux and surf, but only a light duty version.
Ah. Makes sense. Dang, that stinks. I think the version in the early 100 series (in the US) has an additional solenoid to control line pressure. I wonder if wholesale transmissions could scare one up for you?

Ah. Makes sense. Dang, that stinks. I think the version in the early 100 series (in the US) has an additional solenoid to control line pressure. I wonder if wholesale transmissions could scare one up for you?
Trying to get a reply out of them atm, doesn't seem promising.....

:eek:That’s crazy for the sump!

you should start the thread now heheh.

What are your plans? are you thinking on running the both ECUs and full electronics or going with a stand alone unit and a simplified mechanical version?

all the swaps that I have read/seen are stand alone, twin turbos shooting for +1000hp.....

:eek:That’s crazy for the sump!

you should start the thread now heheh.

What are your plans? are you thinking on running the both ECUs and full electronics or going with a stand alone unit and a simplified mechanical version?

all the swaps that I have read/seen are stand alone, twin turbos shooting for +1000hp.....
It will be stand alone engine management, not shooting for big numbers. Still have a lot of scenarios going through my head lol. Simplified would be cable throttle and manual gearbox, both of which I'm trying to avoid.

^^^^

Correct. Line Pressure Control Solenoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom