Toyota Trails Literary Scholars Club (*Spoiler Alert!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn BK I forgot about that horn. Actually it played the theme from Bridge on the River Kwai. That piggy sure was a unique cruiser!!!!

I should post here. I'm glad everyone likes the magazine I design and put together, couldn't do it without @paflytyer or the submissions from our superb contributing authors.

@Diff Kraken most of the photos that are NC (or ONSC) related are shot by me.

On a related note, the last three issues have been arriving late to most people. The printer that makes the magazine had been experiencing some serious shortages, so it has made Trails a bit tardy to most peoples mailboxes.

If anyone has questions about articles, there are some insights that don't make it into the magazine. Not all the articles, but some.

I should post here. I'm glad everyone likes the magazine I design and put together, couldn't do it without @paflytyer or the submissions from our superb contributing authors.

@Diff Kraken most of the photos that are NC (or ONSC) related are shot by me.

On a related note, the last three issues have been arriving late to most people. The printer that makes the magazine had been experiencing some serious shortages, so it has made Trails a bit tardy to most peoples mailboxes.

If anyone has questions about articles, there are some insights that don't make it into the magazine. Not all the articles, but some.
Awesome to have you stop by the thread. Love the magazine- and it's pics- and hope to keep this thread goin for a long time. I thought this issue seemed a bit delayed but not by much and it's always a miracle when DC USPS can manage to deliver anything at all these days.

@Diff Kraken DC USPS? Your lucky you got it at all!
Seriously.
We were working in merrifield by the main post office one night and watched 2 tractor trailer loads of bulk mailings get backed up to rollback dumpsters and thrown away. They covered them and removed them before daylight hit. That had to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in printing and postage.

Seriously.
We were working in merrifield by the main post office one night and watched 2 tractor trailer loads of bulk mailings get backed up to rollback dumpsters and thrown away. They covered them and removed them before daylight hit. That had to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in printing and postage.
that would have made great video to give to the local news station... i am sure the people that paid for the mails would loved to have seen that!

Nice article @afgman786 and congratulations on becoming an honorary member of the Toyota Trails Literary Scholars Club.

I bet we'll have even more interest in Fall Crawl this year after that one.

This looks like a particularly great issue of Toyota Trails in general. For those who didn't get the issue in the mail yet, you can try logging into the TLCA website and downloading a pdf version. That worked for me, but it is a rather huge pdf at 33 MB.

Last edited:
Nice article by @Pacer on the keystone club.
I'll have to go back and read the rest of the issue. I was just in the issue briefly to find Ahmad's typos, but didn't find any and it was well written.

@JohnVee mine is always very late if I get it.

Man… I did end up receiving the printed copy yesterday. Really great issue. Lots of coverage for CLCC, Gotham and Keystone clubs.

Good articles in here from all over too. A great one from a highschool kid who tours the country with 5 friends in a troopy and a good article with 5 brothers driving LCs around in Utah. @kevin in okinawa theyve even got a soft top 60 in the convoy. Page 23-25. Made me think of your rig.

123F191D-F8E9-49BC-A49D-B8D027DCE55F.jpeg
6C8C58FD-ABBE-4CD8-A4B1-C0D1139063B9.jpeg

5EB049EC-8E3B-430B-85EE-B6D49F0A7CCD.jpeg

Man… I did end up receiving the printed copy yesterday. Really great issue. Lots of coverage for CLCC, Gotham and Keystone clubs.

Good articles in here from all over too. A great one from a highschool kid who tours the country with 5 friends in a troopy and a good article with 5 brothers driving LCs around in Utah. @kevin in okinawa theyve even got a soft top 60 in the convoy. Page 23-25. Made me think of your rig.

View attachment 2958340View attachment 2958342

View attachment 2958343
sweet! all 60s should be of the softtop variety! :cool:

Found this sexy tan 40 in my mailbox today. Looks like a real good issue… “Slow Baja” has my attention- as does the CMCC advert.

92BC7634-2C3E-4EDA-B3F3-46D07099899E.jpeg
2C24188B-C5FB-46B5-8906-30971121D794.jpeg

6431757A-9B50-49F7-8524-76A29CC45157.jpeg

7B76E1B4-ED56-4637-9B9E-6374E22BA99D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom