Toyota Trails Literary Scholars Club (*Spoiler Alert!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m sure anyone who’s dealt with me would ok this screen name change.
If you're going to be a douche nozzle, be the best douchenozzle you can be... Aim high.

I prefer Douchecanoe. Very fitting along with about 15 other things I cant type on here because it might offend BK's eyes lol

I prefer Douchecanoe. Very fitting along with about 15 other things I cant type on here because it might offend BK's eyes lol
I don’t think much offends my eyes when they are barely slits as I read mud. the only thing that really offends me are tire carrier bearings.

I wonder if the person that picked up Beno name likes getting 50 pm a day asking about parts

Well it’s that time of the month again… dug around in my box today and pulled this out. Full analysis forth coming. Anyone want to dive in feel free. I havnt gotten past the table of contents yet.
*As usual major spoiler alert.

May/June 2021 Toyota Trails

E6C91025-5E5C-4974-85B8-8DCBC9569BAB.jpeg

37C56B3D-F351-4E71-B57C-FA70DF812311.jpeg

Man I still haven’t got mine from last month.

You do know that they only come out every OTHER month, right? :rofl:
yeah and I should have got it last month. For what ever reason I didn't get the 1st class membership. Usually when 1st class shows up the general membership trails are always a month behind.

Some interesting factoids from the latest issue that could be good to use for trivia at TLCA sanctioned events:

- IH8MUD was originally called LCML (Land Cruiser Mailing List)

- Toyota places full-page ads on the back cover of each Toyota Trails issue because TLCA president Dave Brown and member Park Owens flew out and met with Toyota USA HQ in California in 2003 to form a stronger partnership between Toyota and the TLCA

- There have been over 26,000 TLCA members over the years

- The newest TLCA club is Battle Born Cruisers in Northern Nevada. They plan to do an annual TLCA event at the Bunny Ranch

- In Iowa they don’t have any hills, so they have to use cornmeal piled real high to simulate off-road trails

- There was once a thread on MUD called TUT (The Ultimate Thread) but was deleted for being way too awesome for the general public

- Fall Crawl is in the event calendar

LCML was a different entity than IH8Mud. The mailing list had a wealth of information, but Woody wanted a central area for information and started IH8Mud as a side gig. I joined LCML back in ‘96 when I bought my first 40. I’m sure others on this group were on it before me.
If you think TUT was good, you should’ve seen the cheerleader thread 😂

LCML was a different entity than IH8Mud. The mailing list had a wealth of information, but Woody wanted a central area for information and started IH8Mud as a side gig. I joined LCML back in ‘96 when I bought my first 40. I’m sure others on this group were on it before me.
If you think TUT was good, you should’ve seen the cheerleader thread 😂
I think there was a 35% thread or something like that as well, or it may have been on PBB!

Stopped by my mailbox and it was on fire… who dat?!

D8E001E9-C14A-4F2C-A7F5-6F134AB2299F.jpeg

Bunch of Virginia and NC peeps in this one via the CRR. @JohnVee Nice write up and pics. I dig the pig’s eye on page 31.

Issue also includes info/pics on the new Land Cruiser Heritage Museum location- looks awesome- and another article by that couple traveling the world in their 1984 BJ45. Tech section talking about some weird old engine called a 22RE or somethin that doesn’t even sound like a real land cruiser engine to me.

Sadly I no longer have the orange and white 55. It was a great truck, sprung over on 35's, a Jim C built hi-po 2F, and a Marlin doubler. We flopped it hard on one of the three uphills off trail 3 at Rausch not far from todays staging area. Pulled it back on its wheels and wheeled the rest of the day after scooping up all the broken glass. I had it fixed good enough so the rear window didn't leak but I knew she was really rusty down underneath and also in the A and B pillars. A year later the 40 I currently own came up for sale and I bought it. Put the engine from the creamsicle in the 40, sold off all the good stuff, axles, doubler, power steering and such and junked it. I regret doing that to this very day.

Gary - Don’t forget you also lost the Dixie horn that day. The parts lived in through other vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom