Toyota Techstream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Last year I purchased a Mini-VCI J2534 cable on eBay that came with the Toyota Techstream software. I followed all instructions, but never managed to make the software work. After doing some searches, I discovered that many people have the same problem. I finally found the solution and can now make it run on Windows 10 and Windows 11. I made a video tutorial, but I'm a newbie and I read that, as such, I am not allowed to post any links.

So, please let me know what are the options for the people who might be interested in the tutorial. Like, can I state which key words to search in order to find my YouTube video? Or should people ask me for the link in private messages?

I'd like to see it. I can post the link in the Techstream thread if you want, and will reference you. Or you could make a few extra posts until you can post a link.

I've got a stand-alone device, so I haven't tried this, but it looks great!

😳 @7:30 👍

Ciao,

JZH

Hello everyone,

Last year I purchased a Mini-VCI J2534 cable on eBay that came with the Toyota Techstream software. I followed all instructions, but never managed to make the software work. After doing some searches, I discovered that many people have the same problem. I finally found the solution and can now make it run on Windows 10 and Windows 11. I made a video tutorial, but I'm a newbie and I read that, as such, I am not allowed to post any links.

So, please let me know what are the options for the people who might be interested in the tutorial. Like, can I state which key words to search in order to find my YouTube video? Or should people ask me for the link in private messages?
Good tutorial! Ive just found it to be a hazzle to run a virtual machine in the shop. I'm on a lenovo laptop dedicated to the workshop, so basically manuals, ih8mud and techstream, some other car-related stuff. Been somewhat successfully running an old techstream 11 or 12 i belive, but now it gave up, and i gave up the virtual machine.
Breathing new life into an old lenovo x230, been robust enough to be used in-shop. Love the red clit for when using gloves.

Saw your tutorial on disabling windows defender, and i like the idea to be able to run Techstream directly and still be able to be connected.
I have not been able to source a newer techstream that works, but still searching.
In our fleet of newer cruisers and hiluxes i need something that will keep up with 2010 to 2020 models, so im thinking TS 17 or 18, right?

do you have a tip to any other solution than disabling virus control? or is there a clean version somewhere?
-or is there any new info on the block for running techstream in a better/different/more convenient VM than ive been doing for years with mixed success?

Update, now i got Techstream 18 working on win10. Cable lights up red and seems to be working!
-First thing is to activate "windows down when holding key fob unlock" on the 2010 Prado. WinWin!! Thanks @BlueMoonshine !!

TS v18.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom