Toyota Taillights (from Asia) on Ebay for ~$80/pair (delivered) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you search around a little on eBay you can get lots of choices for Toyota FJ-40 Taillight Assemblies (Third Generation, 1979 - 85) for about $80 delivered.

It's a smoking deal.

I was looking to replace one of my taillight lenses, and I found these whole new assemblies. It made sense just to buy the whole setup, at that price.

Check it out.

Rocky

PS> They say "Toyota" on the lenses and buckets. They may be a Chinese knock-off, but for $80 - it's way better than what I had before, all around.

IMG_2418 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
I think there's a company somewhere Taiwan etc making Toyota lights/lenses I bought some marker lights for my 82 Hilux they were a good deal a pair of front side marker lights (the amber ones on the fender) for $31.63 free shipping. Included lenses, bulb sockets, bulbs, gasket, screws (!) and the little nylon inserts where the screws go in the fender. Exact correct wire harness connector and boom.

If you search around a little on eBay you can get lots of choices for Toyota FJ-40 Taillight Assemblies (Series 3) for about $80 delivered.

It's a smoking deal.

I was looking to replace one of my taillight lenses, and I found these whole new assemblies. It made sense just to buy the whole setup, at that price.

Check it out.

Rocky

PS> They say "Toyota" on the lenses and buckets. They may be a Chinese knock-off, but for $80 - it's way better than what I had before, all around.

View attachment 2360147

What do you mean by Series 3? 1/79+? There are three versions of the plug of the combination light. I would do something about water proofing the plug and connections. The lenses will fade quickly if left outside in the AZ sun.

It came from this thread....

Tail Light Assembly Descriptions

3rd Generation 1/79 - 10/84

I base that on the connector style.

I bought some of these waterproof connectors to protect the connections. I didn't have a connector on the drivers side, and a pretty tatty old one on the passenger side, so I had to do some harness improvements on my truck.

You may be right about the lenses, luckily my FJ40 gets to live inside the small 3/4th car garage.

Rocky

DSC01749.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom