Toyota Stout support group? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IPOR

IronPigOffroad.com
Threads
Website
ironpigoffroad.com
Anyone know where I can find a club/support group/restoration parts for a 67 Toyota Stout? (the Stout is first model toyota truck imported to the USA)

Thanks,

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com
DSCN4732.JPG

Thats sweet Lance. That is the 3rd one I have seen in as may years. There is one near the Rubicon at Marlins secret skunkworks in the hills (machiene shop) That one is being built into a large 4x4. not sure it's progrees, havn't been there since 2002. Then I saw one a few weeks agoe next to a shop in Vegas. Now yours. Congrats, yours is the best looking.

Mike Bingham at Cabe Toyota is the guy who knows the most about Stouts in the US. Mike got my buddy some OEM parts in the last few years for his.

I really need to pick up the one my buddy has, its a one owner 66 , I can get it for less than a grand and besides the paint its in good shape(interior is PERFECT).

Lance........was there anything special in the cab when you got it? like a green/blue metal box? :)

I think I have one of the OEM parts books for a stout, i have some lit as well.

I have seen 3-4 Stouts in town in the last few years.

4 on the tree.......what a trip :)

are those Mercedes hub caps?

I need to take a drive to your shop. I see more and more GREAT products roll out of your place.

That truck is cherry :cheers:

Oh my god I just fell in love, got any under th hood pics or under the truck picks? does ti have 4wd?

they only came in 2 wheel drive. Neat trucks for sure. wheelbase I recall is very close to a fj55 though....hint hint ;)

here are a few pics of my buddies 66(one owner)
36256110.jpg

36256130.jpg

36256138.jpg

18648760.jpg

some of the interior bits are the same as a 45LV, I think the door pulls and door latch/opener. Rear lights are the same as a 45LPB, the bed is similar but not the same

Eric Winkworth said:
Oh my god I just fell in love, got any under th hood pics or under the truck picks? does ti have 4wd?

Landpimp said:
are those Mercedes hub caps?

Yeah, pretty bitchin' eh? Actually the Stout belongs to a customer. Neat little truck. He's asked us to get it running and finish re-assembly. (I think it needs the body work re-done, up close it's still solid but the body work is somewhat rough) Just trying to get as much info as possible before we get started.

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

Lance,

A few owners are on this list:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classictoyotatown/

And poke around at TORC.

If Pimp keeps showing off his buddy's Stout I'll eventually have to offer him an insane amount of cash for it! :flipoff2:

If anybody finds one with a great body, needing a drivetrain.....I'd be interested.....I don't have the heart to alter an original.

Good Luck!

This one has been for sale in town for a while. I can't link it but here is a pic

RN22024257%2D1.jpg

RN22024257-2.jpg

RN22024257-3.jpg

Price: $4,000 or Best Offer
Color: RED
Miles: 200,000
Body Style: 2-Door Truck

Engine: 1800 CC HEMI - 4 Cylinders
VIN: RN22024257

Description: This Hilux is from Calif. I purchased it two years ago and have now restored it to as new. All mechanicals are good, new tie rod ends, new battery. It runs and drives wonderful, no leaks, does not burn oil. New windshield, new Acylic Enamel Paint to match original Red. Good title and current tabs.

You would have to go to www.carsoup.com and then search under Minnesota - Metro area to bring it up.

thats not a Stout, its a Hilux

majanrk said:
This one has been for sale in town for a while. I can't link it but here is a pic

RN22024257%2D1.jpg

RN22024257-2.jpg

RN22024257-3.jpg

Price: $4,000 or Best Offer
Color: RED
Miles: 200,000
Body Style: 2-Door Truck

Engine: 1800 CC HEMI - 4 Cylinders
VIN: RN22024257

Description: This Hilux is from Calif. I purchased it two years ago and have now restored it to as new. All mechanicals are good, new tie rod ends, new battery. It runs and drives wonderful, no leaks, does not burn oil. New windshield, new Acylic Enamel Paint to match original Red. Good title and current tabs.

You would have to go to www.carsoup.com and then search under Minnesota - Metro area to bring it up.

Stouts

Luke Porter of 4x4labs has a late 60's Stout. It's currently wearing fj60 axles and 38in SXs. Last time I saw it (Late Aug) it had a 327 and was waiting for a GM granny box and cruiser t'case. It's sky bluish.

Bump, anyone else building a Stout these days? I'm enjoying my '65 RK41 but I'm trying to track down some needed parts (windshield, steering wheel, wheels/hub caps, etc)

Kurt- I don't own a Stout, but would love to follow your build if you start a thread. I really want to get a early hilux RN10, but they are hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom