Toyota Stout support group? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tail lights are gone for sure
I might have a dome light still, mirror, horn relay
I do have the head light trim with rust spots
I have another box up in the racking I'll need to check
3 pics below are what I've got out so far
ignore the seat belt, It's not from the stout

I'd be interested in the dome, mirror and horn relay...

And the fuel filter and voltage reg from your pic.

Let me know what else you find :cool:

I know it's a long shot, but is anything available from Toyota for those trucks?

Zack

Zack,

See post #37. Mike Bingham at Cabe Toyota is the hookup for OEM parts. According to Mike, a few years ago Toyota had a good stock of parts for the Stout. Not so much anymore. So, it's hit and miss. Mainly miss.

PARTS ALERT: Mike Guarderas emailed me today. He has a line on new and used Stout parts coming in soon. Email him with your wish list. Msg815@yahoo.com

Wow. This is so cool. I too own a 1968 toyota stout. Years ago my father, and I were going to restore it, never happened. Bought carb, engine bearings, gaskets. Well after sitting since 1992 till now, the seats have gone to s***. They will be reapolstered. What I really need is a generator, or the bushings that clip in to make it generate the juice for the batteries. Anyone have a lead on those parts?

toyota%20stout%201967.jpg
Welcome Rob!

If it's a 68, then its a "pickup" or "Hilux." Pray that it is a 68 as the Stout parts (truck through 67) are getting harder and harder to find. Please post up some pics and maybe we can help you along. The generator is typically replaced with an alternator and those are much easier to get and provide excellent power.

Its a 1968. Got title in hand. I want to have it fully restored back to original condition. Its all stock. Faded, and needs a lot of work. I know irs going to cost some $, but that won't be an issue this year. Ill be making close to $4000 a month during harvest, then drop to $800 after.

Its a 1968. Got title in hand.

Don't believe the title. Run the VIN. My July 1969 FJ40 is every bit a 1969, but is titled as a 1970. Why? Because that was the year the vehicle was sold. It's has nothing to do with the model year.

don't know about a 2uz, but one of the rising sun members is building a sick stout

Old thread revival. Mods should split it up and start a new thread about engine swaps on these. :cool:

2jz would probably be way too long being an inline 6, but the like Ige said, 2uz might fit? I know there was a Stout with an LT1 at the good guys car show in Des Moines I saw a couple of years ago.

Turbo'd or supercharged 22re or 3rz would be more appropriate, imho. ;):steer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom