Toyota "sombrero" application recommendation for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dgangle

total rice
Threads
I want to put the newer Toyota logo in the grill of my FJ40. Can anyone make a recommendation of a model to buy one from that is not grossly large (like 07 4R) and also mounts with screws from the backside, not adhesive?

i think all the newer one are adhesive arent they?

maybe a toyota car might b asn option. let me look into it some more

The one on my engin cover is off a 2006 Taco fit good

pics_035.sized.jpg

kling-on, is that adhesive or screws? if screws from the backside what are approx dimensions?

Last wekend we had a classic car show in town and a guy there had a 69 with the sombrero on the grill. I didn't take pictures and I didn't look to see how it was attached, but this weekend we have another car show and a lot of the locals do both shows. If he is there I'll ask questions. It did look good.

As said, I also think they are all adhesive. I've harvested several of them and they are all stuck on.

From what I have found, late model Tundra, Taco, Highlander and 4R grill emblems are attached by screws from the the inside. ~6" wide X 4" tall.

Most, if not all rear emblems are attached with adhesive.

Keep the ideas coming!

Dgangle,
I see this is an older thread, but did you ever find a solution? Getting ready for paint on my 1980 and just sourced some woven square mesh grille material (think ICON appearance). A decent sized sombrero with mounting screws on the back would be the finishing touch.

Didn't see my old question Opps

Mines put on with two part epoxy. We do a lot of truck grills at work all of the snap on no bolts that I see

I used duct tape to hold the sombrero on my hardware store "aftermarket" grill :hillbilly: - has held up fine for 9 years in the AZ heat

I cut out an aluminum plate the shape of my logo, painted black, mounted with black screws, then used the adhesive logo- - - zero problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom