Toyota Red (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am prepping for a significant amount of under hood time and called my local Toyota dealership to see if they had any red coolant in stock. I've tried in the past and have been told unless I was buying several boxes worth they would not order it. This time the parts guy said Toyota has stopped making the red coolant. Anyone else heard this?

Offered pink as an option and said that was what others were doing.... was at least knowledgeable enough to say if the switch is made entire system needs to be drained.

Really bugs me that my only local option pulls this. I am less than 3 hours of at least 3 toyota or lexus dealerships so shipping should be basically nil with the amount of parts trucks driving back and forth. Guess I should be thankful having a dealership at all though. I have gotten plenty of parts there in the past.

I bought it on Amazon last spring.

My local dealer pulled the same "unless you buy in bulk we won't even order red for you." My 99 had pink in it and I was going to flush and switch back to red when I replaced the radiator, but decided to just stick with pink since I was short on time and didn't want to order online.

Just curious- which coolant is best?

Red
Green
Pink

Any others?

Just curious- which coolant is best?

Red
Green
Pink

Any others?
Probably the pink (Super Long Life Coolant [SLLC]), but technically it is only spec'd for 2004 and up Cruisers. The red (Long Life Coolant [LLC]) is spec'd for the 98-03 model years 100. I'm sure putting pink in a 2000 is not going to hurt anything, though.

For some reason, I recall reading that the early trucks used a different FIPG sealant at the thermostat housing that the Pink coolant attacks--- so Toyota continues to advise using the Red coolant for the early trucks. If this is true, I would assume that by now most early trucks have used the newer FIPG sealant so using Pink should not be an issue.

Of course, as a short-time owner, I do not know what I am talking about.

For some reason, I recall reading that the early trucks used a different FIPG sealant at the thermostat housing that the Pink coolant attacks--- so Toyota continues to advise using the Red coolant for the early trucks. If this is true, I would assume that by now most early trucks have used the newer FIPG sealant so using Pink should not be an issue.

Of course, as a short-time owner, I do not know what I am talking about.
To my knowledge there’s only ever been one FIPG that is spec’d for coolant and that’s 1282B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom