Toyota Red (LLC) no longer available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last weekend my Cruiser threw a PO125 code (ECT to Low for closed Loop) and it appears my T-Stat is stuck open.

Ordered a new one at my local dealer here in NY as well as a bottle of Red (LLC)

When I went to pick it up yesterday, they had a bottle of SLLC (pink) waiting for me.

Told them I wanted the Red, but they said they only stock the Pink stuff now and can no longer get the Red.

Is this true or are they just pulling my leg?

I just bought two gallons of red about 2 months ago. Depends on the dealership. Can't order it online.

Bought gallon last weekend and they had prob 20 gallons on display along with pink

00272-1LLAC-1 is the part number for that right? Some of them have an updated looking label on it. I am not 100% sure these are exactly the same, it all show that same part number.
8A1440E4-9CD8-4F9B-B60A-4B60555AAC9D.jpeg
5AB24152-F937-44C7-8F4C-B5F037E6E9F3.jpeg
CBBDFFCC-AB2E-414F-951D-0DAC7D783F73.jpeg

That's one of the reasons I went green when I had to replace my radiator. Really there is no difference in protection and when you are out in the middle of nowhere and you need coolant green will be readily available. But if you already have red it would suck if it was no longer available.

Just ordered 3 gallons from Amazon. When I get it Monday I’ll confirm it’s the pure uncut RED haha.
B9C5B676-4E53-46E6-8B4A-7D5530338B44.png

Asian red at o o o o'reilly auto parts

Look, I am a diehard OEMboi myself, but it is time my friends, it is time to succumb to the ways of the green.

Imagine, I mean just I M A G I N E...you walk into autozone and hooooly s***, there it is ! I mean its actually just sitting right ****ing there.

It does just as well as the red, I promise. I know you are tempted, I know you've thought about it, well I'm here to tell you the grass truly is greener with the the green.

Red's not going anywhere. Haven't heard of anyone saying they're not going to be making it any longer, so red it is. :cool:

I actually had a half gallon of red laying around, so just mixed it with distilled and topped off the system with what I drained since it barely had any miles on it.

My parts guy at the Toyo dealer in Orlando says the Red (LLC) is still available and he has plenty on hand, but said dealers that don't usually stock it have to order a case mininum, so they would push the pink stuff to avoid having leftover stock.

As for aftermarket Asian Red at parts stores, there's been an ongoing discussion on BITOG over the years on whether or not it's the same as OEM or even if it's compatible and it seems the jury is still out.

Major differences in opinion (typical BITOG)

Some claim Pink SLLC isn't really meant for iron blocks and can cause issues over time (what, I haven't a clue)

Now, take it with a grain of salt as I'm sure these rigs will run just fine on swamp water if needed, but I personally feel more comfortable using what Mr. T originally intended to be used, so OEM Red it is.

My local dealer on Oahu never has s*** in stock. And when they order something from their warehouse or from mainland, there is usually an absurd markup at or above MSRP. But one thing they do stock is Toyota Red and lots of it for a reasonable price. I picked up two gallons for $43 OTD. So cheap in fact, I went back, got another bottle and poured some out for @Bludozer

Last edited:
I actually had a half gallon of red laying around, so just mixed it with distilled and topped off the system with what I drained since it barely had any miles on it.

My parts guy at the Toyo dealer in Orlando says the Red (LLC) is still available and he has plenty on hand, but said dealers that don't usually stock it have to order a case mininum, so they would push the pink stuff to avoid having leftover stock.

As for aftermarket Asian Red at parts stores, there's been an ongoing discussion on BITOG over the years on whether or not it's the same as OEM or even if it's compatible and it seems the jury is still out.

Major differences in opinion (typical BITOG)

Some claim Pink SLLC isn't really meant for iron blocks and can cause issues over time (what, I haven't a clue)

Now, take it with a grain of salt as I'm sure these rigs will run just fine on swamp water if needed, but I personally feel more comfortable using what Mr. T originally intended to be used, so OEM Red it is.
To your point, I'll get OEM too and then compare against the Asian red from Napa. Will compare ingredients and see what's different.

I use a ‘wholesale parts’ link with my dealer and they email me when something I ordered is not in stock, upside is the dealer usually has the back order parts straight from the Gulf States distribution warehouse in 2 days. Pricing is as good as some of the discount dealers folks frequent but without shipping costs. I think I pay $5 for will call pickup at the counter. That’s how I got my last couple of gallons a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom