Toyota red is dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh haha I need to change my location, I am in Salt Lake City UT now, so it would be a hell of a drive for a $28 gallon of coolant. lol.

In stock at Checkered Flag Toyota in Va. Beach. Come on down

I wasn't going to spend $30+ for a gallon of the stuff and went with prestone green. it antifreezes just as good as red...

someones pulling your chain...Toyota will never discontinue the red and is readily available to dealers.

So these dealers that have 60 gallons sitting on the shelf, if this stuff is indeed discontinued, is there any concern that it has been on the shelf 4 years?

Normal stock im told and being owned by Berkshire Hathaway helps

I guess. But I went to 3 different dealers, McGeorge Toyota, Lexus of Richmond and Haley Toyota, in 2 different states and they all told me they no longer sold it. I suppose it could be an individual dealer decision. I wonder what was the last model year to use the Toyota red, before going to the lifetime pink. Oh well. I am good for now, but after this winter I will probably switch to avoid any issues.

So these dealers that have 60 gallons sitting on the shelf, if this stuff is indeed discontinued, is there any concern that it has been on the shelf 4 years?

I use Nulon (Australian) 'LLC' red and have never touched Toyota coolants.

I dunno what makes Toyota's OEM 'red' so special. ;)

I don't think that there is any magic in the Toyota red coolant. I have just seen the aftermath of red and green mixed and it is like a brown sludge. So I don't want to add to Toyota red with something that is going to make a mess.

I use Nulon (Australian) 'LLC' red and have never touched Toyota coolants.

I dunno what makes Toyota's OEM 'red' so special. ;)

we have plenty of red coolant in stock, we don't sell it all that often but we do have it. as far as I know it hasn't been discontinued, if dealerships arnt carrying it than that may be a decision that they made to not carry it based on sales numbers

I personally do not understand the love affair with Toyota red. I've use regular green stuff in my cruisers for over 30 years. When I get a new cruiser, one of my baseline processes is to flush out the radiator and refill it with good old green. You know, the type that is available literally everywhere.

it might be that in AZ without the rust, we have a lot more of the older trucks still running around that take the red?

Make sure to wear your safety bikini when refilling the radiator too....
Do I look like an amateur? I always wear my safety bikini when needed!
9B669354-8C00-4D48-A5E6-6DD6B72101CD.jpeg

I agree with @Aloha Jen ! :)

i called my local toyota dealer where i have my shop account , 00272-1LLAC is still a live part # and plenty of stock in the country

But , any part# that does not sell will be phased out by penny pinching dealers , this may help explain why some choose not to

carry it any more , also this IS a minimum pallet size type purchase

the older toyota;s coming to dealerships are fading fast , also due to pepboyz & advance carrying a AISIAN branded red coolant

for half the price as a gallon of Long Life

its also no longer a warranty & recall program required part # to stock by dealers , like FIPG Orange 00295-01281 for example

supply & demand .........

LONG LIVE LONG-LIFE

full strength long life coolant.jpg

Your battery voltage is a little low but your fuel rate seems right on. 7.88 gallons to go 70 miles... Yup, it's a cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom