Toyota Recall - Toyota LC200 and LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sign into your Toyota Owners website and you can submit a reimbursement request.

From the site:
If you have received a Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign notice regarding your vehicle or have previously paid for Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign related repairs, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Click the button below to confirm if your vehicle is involved in a Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign and to submit your paperwork for reimbursement consideration.

Is this the only active thread regarding the Safety Recall on the passenger airbags/seat belt tensioner for LX570/LC? If not, please redirect me...thanks!

This recall has been dragging on for 7 months and Lexus customer service was spectacularly unhelpful in letting me know what to expect ("We're waiting"). My dealer tells me to expect a call in mid-July. BTW, my service advisor from thge Lexus Dealership told me that they'd received enough parts from Lexus to fix all of their inventory, so apparently sales can continue while existing customers wait.

Does anyone here have any insight as to what is going on??

Thanks,

Bob

Is this the only active thread regarding the Safety Recall on the passenger airbags/seat belt tensioner for LX570/LC? If not, please redirect me...thanks!

This recall has been dragging on for 7 months and Lexus customer service was spectacularly unhelpful in letting me know what to expect ("We're waiting"). My dealer tells me to expect a call in mid-July. BTW, my service advisor from thge Lexus Dealership told me that they'd received enough parts from Lexus to fix all of their inventory, so apparently sales can continue while existing customers wait.

Does anyone here have any insight as to what is going on??

Thanks,

Bob
You can get additional threads on this with a search of the 200 section on the forum. There are others!

With regard to the recall, so far total fail for Toyota. I would venture a guess that all they had to do for compliance with the NHTSA was send out the letter last year. I've had 2 different dealers tell me they don't know what's going on....no parts....no updates....no info. One of the dealers on here posted info a few months ago that indicted it was an extremely simple fix, with just some tape needed for some and just a simple replacement harness for others. It's really obvious the recall (for most) was not urgent, unlike what was indicated in the letter I received.

You can get additional threads on this with a search of the 200 section on the forum. There are others!

This is the only thread that showed up when I searched...seems like it would get more attention than this.

With regard to the recall, so far total fail for Toyota.

I agree...Lexus customer service seemed clueless and the dealers are really in the dark. I suspect that the"mid-July" time frame that I was offered by the dealer was intended to placate me and make me go away. Disappointing service/communication.

Can anyone confirm what I need to be looking for in my LX570?

Here's how I understand it...I think the issue is that the passenger side seat belt/airbag system can malfunction and that the car would alert me to this failure by lighting the passenger air bag symbol (like when the car is first started) on the dashboard. In the absence of this light, that is, the light goes out shortly after starting the car, I can assume that the seat belt/ airbag system is operating correctly.

Do I have this right?

Can anyone confirm what I need to be looking for in my LX570?

Here's how I understand it...I think the issue is that the passenger side seat belt/airbag system can malfunction and that the car would alert me to this failure by lighting the passenger air bag symbol (like when the car is first started) on the dashboard. In the absence of this light, that is, the light goes out shortly after starting the car, I can assume that the seat belt/ airbag system is operating correctly.

Do I have this right?

Read your documentation with a fine-toothed comb.

The way some people are interpreting it you should put people in seats other than the front passenger seat if you want all safety systems to operate as designed.. even if no light is present.

This is the only thread that showed up when I searched...seems like it would get more attention than this.

I agree...Lexus customer service seemed clueless and the dealers are really in the dark. I suspect that the"mid-July" time frame that I was offered by the dealer was intended to placate me and make me go away. Disappointing service/communication.

There are quite a few threads. Use the MUD search bar in the upper right, type in "recall", select "this forum" and hit "search". Here are a couple of the longer and recently active threads.....

recall coming

Buying used 17 200 and recall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom