toyota pioneer JBL cassette pinout 86120-60601, 86120-60602, 86120-60603 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my paper hand written pages are getting trashed so I need to keep somewhere, I also hope when someone searches this is easily found. I want to do the amp and display screen outs also.
I never found all this info in one place when I started looking a while ago so This should help someone that wants to mess with stuff that doesn't want to buy the books.

There isn't really a need to have a stereo talk here, there are plenty of threads to do that. If there are errors, post it up.

pioneer cassette toyota #86120-60601 to 86120-60603 pin outs.

86120-60602 to 86120-60603 are 2004 -2007 LCs, N.A.

The 86120-60600 and 861-60601 are claimed on websites as 2002-2004 LCs, N.A. But I can't really confirm that.

All of them have three connectors at the back of the unit, they are labeled as R36A, R37B and R38C in the wiring book and fsm.
pioneer deck, 3 plug.jpg

Starting with the small one, R37B, 12 pin, part# 90980-12183, back of radio, right side up, leftmost connector on the pioneer stock deck.
R37B.jpg

#1- open.

#2- red wire, CDR+ (audio right)

#3- white wire, CDR-

#4- black wire, CDL+ (audio left)

#5- white wire, CDL-

#6- white wire, MUTE to rear seat audio (RSA)

#7 & #8 open.

#9- pink wire, TXM+ (transmission to rear seat audio)

#10- blue wire, TXM- (transmission to rear seat audio)

#11-12 - open.

The R37B 12 pin basically connects the dvd audio, it also picks up an SGND bare wire to the DVD player along the way- and the data transmission lines to the rear seat audio with a mute interrupt.

Unplugging this will render the rear seat audio and dvd audio useless, but no critical systems will be affected as long as the other two stereo connectors plugged in.

Next in line is the smaller of the 20 pin plugs, R38C, middle plug on the pioneer stock deck.

Part# 90980-12259

r38c.png

#1-#5 open.

#6- brown wire, SWGND (steering wheel ground)

#7- white with red stripe, STSM1 (steering wheel controls left)

#8- black with red stripe, STSM2 (steering wheel controls right)

#9- pink wire, TX+ (transmission line to MFD or display)

#10- blue wire, TX- (transmission line to MDF or display)

#11- #13 open

#14- bare wire, SGRND (RSA)

#15- red wire, RSA R+

#16- white wire, RSA R-

#17- black wire, RSA L+

#18- green wire, RSA L-

#19- orange wire RMUTE

#20- white with blue stripe, ADIM (to body ECU- Dimmer)

The important ones here are the steering wheel control lines, 3, and the TX lines, pink and blue, the rest are rear seat audio. Plus dimmer.

#9&10, pink and blue is where you would plug in a resistor to take out the deck, there is no polarity for a resistor. To restore the wheel buttons for a new deck an aftermarket steering wheel control box from pac or axxess needs the three wires, #6-8. Unplugging this connector is what makes the HVAC not work. The resistor restores the communication to the MFD.

Next and last is the R36A, 20 pin, rightmost plug, part # 90980-12038
r36a.jpg

#1- blue with yellow stripe, +B (battery +12v line to stock deck, fused at radio 10A)

#2- open.

#3- Black with red stripe, AMP+ (amp signal wire)

#4- #6 open.

#7- orange wire, MUTE (to amp)

#8- yellow wire FR (front right speaker+)

#9- pink wire FL (front left speaker+)

#10- open.

#11- grey wire, ACC (key +12v power to stock deck, fused at ACC 7.5A)

#13- back with red stripe, ANT, antenna signal to antenna relay.

#14- #15 open.

#16- black wire, SGRND (to amp, speakers sground)

#17- green wire, BEEP,

#18- red wire, RR, (rear right speaker+)

#19- white wire, RL (rear left speaker+)

#20 open.

PDF here.

toyota, pioneer, cassette, JBL, amplifier

Attachments

• pioneer cassette toyota.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 876
Do you happen to know if your above is same for below.

My Toyota parts guy came up with this with my vin for my VX model Unicron.
The JBL 3 in 1 AM/FMCass/6Disc w/7 Speakers W/satellite Radio Capability and Rear seat Audio is part # 86120-60593.
It shows a Pioneer ID # P6855 and was used in 2004-2007 L/C's.

Paul, My best guess is that unless you have a ROW VIN# then assume that you have a non nav north america version, which is your 60592.
Then if you look at your 07 or 06 book the pins are the same with the same #s. Without -in your hand proof- I would assume they are the same. Except on the 38C plug pins #9 and #10 will be empty because you have no screen. So then the radio is the master in the non nav pioneer deck.

What's "ROW" VIN refer to?

It must be a North American version, but for some reason toyota.com doesn't show first Dealer at 0-5 miles we usually see. It just show first reported at Mike Calvert Toyota 2333 South Loop West Houston, TX 77054 at 16K miles for service.

I hoping to find a factory correct no nav radio for my Unicorn. One someone has sitting around from a conversion. So in lower 48 of USA, this would mean from some other model than a land Cruiser, a model that came without the NAV option. I'm assuming same radio was used in multiple models (hoping).
014 a.jpg

My aftermarket looks cool and was told steering wheel button function.
I've not yet pulled to look at wires, I'm hoping installer did cut wires.
015 a.jpg

Notice control buttons only on one side.
Photo Jul 21, 11 16 30 AM.jpg

wow, a non bluetooth north american 07, (steering wheel buttons at least not there) maybe the deck has BT though. I don't know why it wouldn't. I guess non nav didn't have the Bluetooth buttons. It wouldn't be hard to add those though.

So your PO ditched the stock radio and the plastic surround altogether?
Have you found the plastic for it yet? That shouldn't be horrible to find. I'm unsure though.
For sure it will be a problem finding the stock deck. Is your strict adherence to OEM toyota worth $1000 for looks?
When you don't find any google links for a part, or images, even from out of country ebay you know it's bad. That's probably a hard compromise for you I bet. The reason it's special is so that people can put what they want in it. Except you want all the stock stuff lol, ironic, isn't it.
I looked, it's even absent from RU sites.

from your shoes I would buy another non nav, earlier year, swap the non nav head unit to make the 07 perfect, and sell the other cheaper non nav with your Chinese stuff you have now. (assuming Chinese android) almost,,, probably,,, for even money. I think you could do this before you find that stock deck and plastic and come out ahead next christmas.
IDK Mr. Paul, whats that truck worth? that's what it boils down to.

I shouldn't have said ROW, that's probably an old term for rest of the world, regarding vin #s.

wow, a non bluetooth north american 07, (steering wheel buttons at least not there) maybe the deck has BT though. I don't know why it wouldn't. I guess non nav didn't have the Bluetooth buttons. It wouldn't be hard to add those though.

So your PO ditched the stock radio and the plastic surround altogether?
Have you found the plastic for it yet? That shouldn't be horrible to find. I'm unsure though.
For sure it will be a problem finding the stock deck. Is your strict adherence to OEM toyota worth $1000 for looks?
When you don't find any google links for a part, or images, even from out of country ebay you know it's bad. That's probably a hard compromise for you I bet. The reason it's special is so that people can put what they want in it. Except you want all the stock stuff lol, ironic, isn't it.
I looked, it's even absent from RU sites.

from your shoes I would buy another non nav, earlier year, swap the non nav head unit to make the 07 perfect, and sell the other cheaper non nav with your Chinese stuff you have now. (assuming Chinese android) almost,,, probably,,, for even money. I think you could do this before you find that stock deck and plastic and come out ahead next christmas.
IDK Mr. Paul, whats that truck worth? that's what it boils down to.

I shouldn't have said ROW, that's probably an old term for rest of the world, regarding vin #s.

What I like the most about this Unicorn is climate controls are complete separate.

Unfortunately the PO tossed it all (OEM parts) after swap, during a move as useless junk, darn!

I don't really feel value is reduced by aftermarket radio. I do like about back up camera, which is much better than that of Toyota factory's. I just like to have the factory correct, to have on the shelf for now.

I only got the PN this week, one my Toyota Parts guy thinks is good. He really had a tough time finding it. I'm thinking I'll need to look in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Mid East, Japan, South Asia, South Pacific. Although they may have foreign (to me) lettering. Many guy/gals around the world must have swap out just like this one. Those radios, trim piece and amps are just sitting in boxes taking up room, desitin for trash if I don't save them.

I don't know if old would work as Toyota dash change in 03, it certainly would not be model correct.
2001 no NAV.
082.JPG

07 Unicorn
054.JPG

PO may know if temp & clock at top is the factory. It looks like it, just changed from km to miles and C to F.

Overhead has same vent opening for mic. But I've know idea what if anything is there.
053.JPG

Reactions: uHu
hey Paul, I noticed that your unit is the JBL unit/version. The other brand I believe would be MATSUSHITA. That might help you looking around, or you might see that somewhere. Hard to say if all the USA non nav were JBL though.
Searching through part souk catalogs is time consuming but you can usually find #s to search with and at least find a picture.

IS this what you have? these people are close to Austin, seems like it matches yours Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo

This link is a stock unit, but it's a Japanese deck, check the am/fm frequencies looking at the sticker.

03 04 05 06 FACTORY OEM TOYOTA LAND CRUISER CD MD RADIO 86120-60661 8612060661 | eBay

The picture I post above of the OE radio was one PO posted or gave me. The picture in the link you provide, has a pictures of NON JBL & JBL a bit lower in the web page. The non-JBL is that exact picture I posted from PO of OE. So not necessarily what was installed at factory then removed by PO, but a good bet.
Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo

It's a good bet that's what is installed now, and is likely where PO got it from.

Part number I got from my parts guy, who's very good.
Toyota Land Cruiser Receiver assembly, radio. Pioneer - 8612060593 - Genuine Toyota Part

But he goes on to say it's a Pioneer ID # P6855

The ebay one looks good, but part# is a high number so IDK!

Last edited:
Naw. It's all good. Might as well keep going. I think it looks fine. I don't really understand if you have that truck or just a picture, or you don't drive it, or the PO sent a picture. It's unclear from your writing. Maybe it's just me. I know we both have the same books and I think we both know the same thing, haha.
Your parts guy is right. The 60593 is correct. The top black security screen in the pic with the aftermarket radio is stock.
When you do take the deck out and check the wiring post up what you see.
If the steering wheel controls don't work presently, it's because there might not be a aux, or 3.5 remote output from that non standard deck. Also the pac and axxess adapters aren't made for non standard aftermarket, like chinese android, decks.. Those people linked above could tell you but you should just look. I'm sure you will find a stock one somewhere. Don't buy one from a country that doesn't use the same AMFM frequencies. I think you should send it to me so I can put 3k into the stereo for you.

where is the LC you're keeping in your signature line? or is it a different one not listed?

I do own the Unicorn, bought from a mud member. Been some posts on it lately: Blown motor help Atlanta I've not driven more than a few feet, or spent much time with/on it. I'll be writing it up soon, as work is slowly starting on warm afternoon.

Today was to cold to work on it in garage, so when I saw you thread and joint in. The aftermarket radio with NAV is in the Unicorn now, very cool looking actually. The OE factory installed radio pictured above, was a picture from PO I found in my files. I think it may have been from a previous posts of his, in mud. It may or may not be what was installed originally by factory.

It amazing the web page of the aftermarket NAV/Radio you found, has that OE picture I posted above. So it most likely came from there.

The OE factory installed Radio is just one of many parts on my wish list. I must first identify precisely what to look for. Then what vehicle toyota installed in. Then what country's. It not something I'll be putting much if any $$ into. Just as in the USA guys pulled out the old NO NAV radios from 89-02 to upgrade. I've no doubt this is done in the VX no NAV in other places around the world. This stuff is like bumper skins and skid plates, they have very little value in the market. You pointed out a very good point with that Japanese one from Russia, frequency is something I must consider.

The Unicorn has a blown engine I'm currently do homework on what is and isn't available for rebuilding.:worms:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom