Toyota PINK from Amazon or not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a precautionary heads up...
Ordered Toyota pink coolant from Amazon. Since I always keep the last empty bottle of anything I use in the garage I was able to compare. The old bottle was purchased at the dealership so it's 100% legit.
The image on Amazon shows identical bottles but what showed up was slightly different...
The cap colors vary a bit and the wording is not identical.
Both Toyota and Lexus logos appear on the front of the dealership bottle. Only the Toyota logo appears on the Amazon bottle.
The dealership bought bottle has very small QR codes and a small inspection number printed on the label. The Amazon bottle does not. All other wording/text is identical.
Part numbers printed on both labels are the same...00272-SLLC2.
Meh, it's probably fine but I'm sending it back anyway.

PXL_20220825_110452844.jpg

PXL_20220825_110419199.jpg

PXL_20220825_110515802.jpg

Both of these were bought from the dealer. The SLL is like the one you got from Amazon. As @Trunk Monkey stated, I think you're fine too.

IMG_3459.jpeg
IMG_3460.jpeg

Just in case you wanted to compare to the Red too. This also bought from the dealer.

IMG_3456.jpeg
IMG_3457.jpeg

There's at least 3 different SLL labels I can think of, all OEM. Think you're fine.
Just got back from the dealership. Same parts counter as I bought the last bottle from a couple years ago. They now sell the same bottle/packaging as I received from Amazon.

Sorry guys. Thought I was saving someone else some hassle. Thing is, the image from the Amazon seller was the dual logo packaging like my last bottle. When the label on the new bottle was different from the listing AND my old bottle I became concerned.

Just got back from the dealership. Same parts counter as I bought the last bottle from a couple years ago. They now sell the same bottle/packaging as I received from Amazon.

Sorry guys. Thought I was saving someone else some hassle. Thing is, the image from the Amazon seller was the dual logo packaging like my last bottle. When the label on the new bottle was different from the listing AND my old bottle I became concerned.
Thank you but that's why Mud is the way it is. Guys like you looking out for others make it so much easier for the rest of us.

I went with Pentosin Pentofrost (pink) the last time just in case anyone wonders what else there is out there.
1661536695639.png

Thank you but that's why Mud is the way it is. Guys like you looking out for others make it so much easier for the rest of us.

I went with Pentosin Pentofrost (pink) the last time just in case anyone wonders what else there is out there.
View attachment 3097658
I've also used the Pentofrost in the past and never had any issues.

I've also been using Pentofrost A4 for the last 4 years with no issues in both Toyotas I have that use SLL coolant.

i converted all my Toyotas new and old to RED. Ive been using it for 20 years, and i think it's the best. I hope they keep it available for a long time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom