TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So finished up the whole engine turbo, intercooler upgrade. Baseline the engine at
440,575 kms. Compression, injectors rebuilt, valves adjusted, valve cover gasket.
New belts arrive in a day to two. GTurbo and intercooler upgrade work flawlessly.
My planning to keep the intercooler out of the way of maintenance paid off, injector pump
adjustment was easy and charged air piping was not in the way at all.

902AE112-3585-42A7-8651-67AE60B05437.jpeg
044505ED-8C66-46ED-9786-5592D958C06F.jpeg
11A7C52E-63BF-400F-8410-2B931DFA5AAE.jpeg
C99DC4A6-C499-42FA-9506-E910CE734857.jpeg
0FD48E8B-33D3-44B0-AC21-D297DD8A1B70.jpeg

Two Comments:
This is now!
It already costs too much! LOL!!!
Expedition portal = costs too much. :lol:

That site has some cool s***, but it's the Rodeo drive of the glamping world.

Lau should do a thread on there, crossing Canada sleeping under the truck.

They'd probably set up a GoFundMe so the poor boy could afford a tactical espresso machine.

And just so there's a ( boring) Toyota pic near my mini rant, the sunburnt snout of Rhubarb from swmbo braving the passenger seat on our "expedition" to the store.

Successful trip, didn't have to spike any zombies.

(Or reattach cruiser parts )

IMG_20200506_073623_01.jpg

Here couple old piles of s*** I found lurking around the old skyline mine at bronson crk on the iskut river during my travels. Toyota is a 2LT. If I go back I could yank the motor. Full shop there. Doubt it’s good for much now tho

Here couple old piles of s*** I found lurking around the old skyline mine at bronson crk on the iskut river during my travels. Toyota is a 2LT. If I go back I could yank the motor. Full shop there. Doubt it’s good for much now tho

Probably better off getting that 14 bolt and front dana 60/maybe 44 out of that blue Cheby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheeling in an airplane? Maybe this is a better way to get into the back country...if you have the skillz.

@cruiserpilot What is the stall speed on a STOL airplane like that? How fast is he going when he comes in to land (or becomes airborne)? Each time I watch that video I'm amazed.

@cruiserpilot What is the stall speed on a STOL airplane like that? How fast is he going when he comes in to land (or becomes airborne)? Each time I watch that video I'm amazed.

Draco FTW.. This plane is nuts and the guy that built it (mostly himself) is very talented. It really does (or did) bent the laws of gravity.

There is a series of build videos on it. Here is a taste, the thing hangs in the sky on approach and climbs at such an angle that the pilot had to tame it down so as not to fall into the aerobatic category at a US airshow. Nuts.

@cruiserpilot What is the stall speed on a STOL airplane like that?

Haven’t been on here in a while, but I figure I might as well chime in because that’s related to what’s been eating my time.

Im currently building a STOL airplane, it’s from a kit but we picked up up partially complete.
stall speed is 35MPH, takeoff at gross weight around 150 feet.

for an engine we decided on a company that converts 2015-current Honda Fit engines to aircraft use. 1.5L direct injection, 130HP and half the fuel burn of a Cessna.

hoping to have it on floats eventually.

ironically it’s nickname is the sky jeep😒

D309C1B4-398B-477A-B211-7EA799D8522F.jpeg

F8281DA8-B05F-4A1B-AC1B-1A681501DD0D.jpeg

BDC67F9E-E109-4317-BDA2-FCC47122E3A2.jpeg

Haven’t been on here in a while, but I figure I might as well chime in because that’s related to what’s been eating my time.

Im currently building a STOL airplane, it’s from a kit but we picked up up partially complete.

for an engine we decided on a company that converts 2015-current Honda Fit engines to aircraft use. 1.5L direct injection, 130HP and half the fuel burn of a Cessna.

View attachment 2314996

View attachment 2314998

View attachment 2315002

I had wondered what happened to you. And here I thought it was marriage that was taking up your time. :rofl: Darn awesome project!! You're definitely the man for that job. Next thing you know you'll have your own company making these things. Please take the time to send us some updates once in a while; I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out!

View attachment 2314996

View attachment 2314998

View attachment 2315002

Jeez when you said you wanted to build an airplane I didn't think you'd meant right freaking now.. :lol:

Looks like fun. Definitely a change from the cruiser world. First test drive is probably a bit more stressful than the 40 series back alley hotlap too eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom