TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember a very old build thread where a guy put those in a 40. Must've been 10 years ago at least?

Money shot was him driving over a 5 gallon pail with 35" tires...as in axle tube clearing the bucket in his driveway.
Ya a guy from Texas bolted up a set to his fj40, worked amazing on the trail. I think his handle on pirate 4x4 is Splitpea

Guessing the brown one were mog axles, because I think those are 53" tires...

Couldn't find that build thread I mentioned, but I did find a pic of a 55 with volvos.

attachment.php

And this. :cool:
_slide_100_0999.jpeg

Those tires are not 53s, you are thinking of Peter Straubs bj60 on portals with 53s with a lot of sheet metal removed too fit those tires.

Ya a guy from Texas bolted up a set to his fj40, worked amazing on the trail. I think his handle on pirate 4x4 is Splitpea
That name sounds familiar... been a while since I read the thread.
Those tires are not 53s, you are thinking of Peter Straubs bj60 on portals with 53s with a lot of sheet metal removed too fit those tires.

Maybe just take a second and scroll on up to the post right before mine that I was referring to...

You know, the one with Mr Straub's brown bj60 on 53s in the pictures. :slap:

I'd have thought that thing would be hard to miss.:flipoff2:

I’d love to find a set of Volvo portals. Imagine they would be quite dear on the wallet.

Found something in the bushes. :beer:

DQhfhejpDOzL2Raj0OSJOb12jfmdvWoXaDBhJlbc9LagVvMzFIYmIo-rUMoiRhKMecFWTXT4Hq2-vR1uf5m_-UjqRaRQ8wegWcx2NG6GRGApaWlwIUzgTNkclDYFEIiK7_6sC5zh7q_F-7Msrg4dwfM00eORjPLcVfvU90vKJAF_Fkzj7_cg0F6HPkxGS_zNXtbRxo166GpjDF-vaNiIyMlYcZo4AO-wxDwj1LsAkKPoHXDCvC0tXXetf3FcXIfDLSdoq5LVJQVkFA88xmkcRJiz_fD_7AvMga7VA_rO17FYdBZJrQXti5lOW7cTd-It4dUMPyLsaWEND9hdRAHVWQKGtiLirmIwJR0HBBmqZFqfUj0dyCLP5ebAqyd5QsRPgs956AepsqYu6jCPmpsuDohl2U2g_o8C1RQgHML80qTgn1dwCerfu_hhDNR--CHCQqqzTrYUSeIRDMB8GijyhqXAhkP62DEq7KsrKQr5J6bgsDFGz0XcpvKI3TVVVhznIzwdctNibB2mQFdt0PVg9PRdYvKh3CAEtbrdH0DkFl0B6DLoAXxMvcMmerSOik5IfFu-HOQ1DNQFLLasC4fILXA8d46-cOdiFWea_IXJERnNjvP8vKRwxMqB0TXTi-Y4F2eYjkcZr8tw07krVTD60jqOT5PwECjJLJdU2gLJLRW795o6gXMw2ZQB2bceJQ=w811-h608-no

That's awesome. I don't know why, but I love old equipment like that. Always have the urge to restore it when I see it.

Think the Kubota could pull that through some dirt? :hillbilly: If this corona stuff keeps up you might be tilling some ground for potatoes soon. (to keep the still going that is.... :lol:)

That's awesome. I don't know why, but I love old equipment like that. Always have the urge to restore it when I see it.

Think the Kubota could pull that through some dirt? :hillbilly: If this corona stuff keeps up you might be tilling some ground for potatoes soon. (to keep the still going that is.... :lol:)
I'm not even sure what its supposed to do haha. Might've been horse drawn originally.

It's on the far side of the pond so I need to transport it down the road ,and I'm not even sure if it can pick it up to move it.

My Kubota is pretty much the smallest one they made, but it will lift a 3b with the bucket so that's the important thing :lol:

I gave an old plow I found a squirt of red for a street sign. Tempted to give this the same treatment.

20190515_170528-1.jpg

I'm not even sure what its supposed to do haha. Might've been horse drawn originally.

It's on the far side of the pond so I need to transport it down the road ,and I'm not even sure if it can pick it up to move it.

My Kubota is pretty much the smallest one they made, but it will lift a 3b with the bucket so that's the important thing :lol:

I gave an old plow I found a squirt of red for a street sign. Tempted to give this the same treatment.

View attachment 2253454

I think you're right about horse drawn....

29.horse_.drawn_.disk_.jpg

I think you're right about horse drawn....

29.horse_.drawn_.disk_.jpg
That looks pretty similar. If you squint at the picture of mine, there's a couple bigass steel wheels with handle bars to steer, and maybe height adjust too.

One of the wheels looks like it drives something too,or maybe was driven? Looks like a chain sprocket.

Buggered if i I know. Don't think it had moved for 50+ years.
Father in law will know exactly what it is plus the entire history of its evolution , but I'm afraid to ask :lol:

Another pic of the Russian 77 on portals; thought this was quite photogenic. The trees are all bent from a constant wind in that area. This guy has a great thread going with pictures of his trips through Siberia and Mongolia in his rig. If you're sitting at home avoiding covid; it's worth a read through: TLC-77 Old school, new member :)

mng2012_120hurgan-jpg.2254068

Another pic of the Russian 77 on portals; thought this was quite photogenic. The trees are all bent from a constant wind in that area. This guy has a great thread going with pictures of his trips through Siberia and Mongolia in his rig. If you're sitting at home avoiding covid; it's worth a read through: TLC-77 Old school, new member :)

Time to put the truck in a container and go for a trip! Learn Russian along the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom