Toyota Parts in Purdy (Landpimp) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pic

Liberia Costa Rica

Last edited:
more

Cruiser Rica, 70s everywhere some 60s lots of 40s and 1 55 sighted

The 40s tow trucks had a short cab on the bj42 tub also saw a few with out the A frame for towing, nicely done but sorry no pics. I only saw a coupe of 40s wiht the usall rust in the back of the tub.

We did see a bj42 with HEEP Mudflaps and my wife said it was blastamy.

They have a side window visor for both the pre and after 79 40 series that looked very usefull in heavy rains.

I'm glad the traffic is slow it gave me time to look at all the TLCs.

Last edited:
funny guy........thats nothing like Purdy WA(which is Gig Harbor)

sweet rigs...........I hope you grabed me some of those mud flaps :)

that blue 40 has a different TOYOTA on the grill, looks like from a 60.

Landpimp said:
Purdy is Gig Harbor? Like hell! :rolleyes:
Or have I been away too long? The oyster beds and low tide perfume are still there, right? Did you Harbor hosers take over the spit now too? :flipoff2:

ps - Had me going too! Good excuse to make a road trip back to my stomping grounds. Of course, the harsh reality hit me almost immediately - the Pimp would have already been there and left by the time I got there! ;)

OK....Purdy is in Purdy......which is really Gig Harbor......(its only 5 mins from my house) Purdy does not have a PO, Wauna does though ;)

I use to own(got it in trade for something) part(100 ft on the south end) of the Purdy Sand Spit......I traded it(to the State of WA) for 180 acres(part of a section that was set aside for schools) in the Key Pen :D We us to also have HUGE parties on the Purdy Spit......cars from one end to the other.......but that was like 20 years ago......when there was only 1 cop in the area.

theo said:
Purdy is Gig Harbor? Like hell! :rolleyes:
Or have I been away too long? The oyster beds and low tide perfume are still there, right? Did you Harbor hosers take over the spit now too? :flipoff2:

ps - Had me going too! Good excuse to make a road trip back to my stomping grounds. Of course, the harsh reality hit me almost immediately - the Pimp would have already been there and left by the time I got there! ;)

This is Purdy. 1977 FJ-40. She has a lot of Toyota parts in her. That is all.

Last edited:
Landpimp said:

sweet rigs...........I hope you grabed me some of those mud flaps :)

I saw the Toyota dealer on the way out of the country and almost went in to ask but maybe next trip, they are on almost all 40s, (except the one with JEEP on them) I did see a gov 40 with cages around the front turns that were cool and looked to be aftermarket, There were a few 40s with 70 style turns in the front, I figure they were from further down south.

The nicest 40 I saw was a Ambulance Trooper in Putaranes, They wreckers were also very fine trucks.

I have been CR 3 times and this time I went to a lot more areas and boy did we see a lot of very fine trucks.

Landpimp said:
that blue 40 has a different TOYOTA on the grill, looks like from a 60.

Close, but no cigar. It's an early 70 series emblem. Good eye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom