Toyota OEM Pads == Good Friction Coefficient Rating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
I just noticed that Toyota OEM brake pads come with a friction coefficient code of FG. Most OEM pads and aftermarket replacement pads are FF rated.

So the Toyota OEM pads are just a cut above most others in my opinion.

I really like FG for an all-around performance pad. There may be some EBC high-end pads that are GG. I try to run FG pads on all of my vehicles.

Here's a link to brake edge codes explained.

1599943265330.png

Looks like the OEM rears I put on in December are EE.

View attachment 2433604

Interesting... I can see the rear not needing a higher value like the front. I've not seen EE pads before. But then I haven't paid much attention to the rear.

Miles depends on driving style, my camry has factory pads still with 108k on the clock. Don't guess that I'm driving like a grand paa 🙂, Houston driving isn't easy unless you drive with the same speed and pattern of the rest.
I changed all 4 corners of my LC recently with what cruiser outfitters recommended pads. Those were not OEM but OEM rotors. Wish I knew better and took pictures

How long do the rears normally last? Over 100,000 miles?

I have pretty good records for my LX and it looks like this was only the second rear brake pad change since Araco did them. The pads were changed at 70k both times — though the second time they would have lasted significantly longer had one of the caliper slide pins not seized.

Resurrecting this as I am doing my front brake pads now. Want to point out that there are two part numbers for 100 series front brake pads: 04465-60220 which are made by NBK and are FG rated, and 04465-60230 which are made by Sumitomo and are FF rated. I'll take the FG, thank-you-very-much. And, as a bonus, they are $25 cheaper per axle!

Just got NAPA Premium pads for the front wheels as I was in a rush, and they are stamped GH. Made in Canada and come with the hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom