Toyota OEM 22250-66020 / Denso 197100-3870 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all , I am looking for above vaf sensor for my 1993 fzj80 1fz-fe, auto. I cannot find or even find an alternative .

Is anyone able to help me find a solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Screenshot_20211217-150125_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211216-200441_WhatsApp.jpg

20211216_172649.jpg

No longer available. You’ll have to buy a refurbished one. This guy is a popular option, and he’s a member on here.

There's one on Amazon for $120 that's aftermarket but no reviews.

No longer available. You’ll have to buy a refurbished one. This guy is a popular option, and he’s a member on here.

Thanks Brettk. I have sent him an email but like all the ones that are available part number seems to be 22250-66010 and mine is 22250-66020. Doe anyone know the difference between the part numbers? I suspect the 22250-66010 is for an older motor?

Looks like your part number was used on JDM (and exports ?) petrol vehicles after the US got the OBD2 MAF....

2021-12-20 12_14_06-22250-66020 - Meter Assy, Intake Air Flow, Toyota OEM _ Megazip.net.png

The guy in the US might still be able to assist with a rebuild, but shipping might be really bad...

Good luck !

Jason

What’s wrong with your VAF? I have very recent experience with mine along with several others and can potentially point you in a better direction.

For now avoid cheap, aftermarket options. They will do nothing to improve your situation while simultaneously wasting your time and money.

What’s wrong with your VAF? I have very recent experience with mine along with several others and can potentially point you in a better direction.

For now avoid cheap, aftermarket options. They will do nothing to improve your situation while simultaneously wasting your time and money.
Hi there
I have recently bought the car.
Someone had removed the two screws by the connector and pulled the plug and broke all the connections in the top side of the vaf under the black cover. They soldered them back but I don't really know how reliable it will be, especially if going long distance, so wanted to swap out for a good second hand unit that has not been tampered with.

How is that AFM working that you had refurbished?

Those pads on the VAF board aren't normal solder pads but originally manufactured with a thin conductive film layer. That's why touching the sacred screws wrecks the connection. If you want to repair these pads one can't just reflow solder onto the pad since the pad isn't metal. You need to scrape away the layer of green polymer where the metal trace on the board meets the pad and make sure your pins from the connector are soldered/connected to these traces. It's not lab grade work but not hulking huge soldering gun stuff either.

20211221_120620.jpg

Hi there
I have recently bought the car.
Someone had removed the two screws by the connector and pulled the plug and broke all the connections in the top side of the vaf under the black cover. They soldered them back but I don't really know how reliable it will be, especially if going long distance, so wanted to swap out for a good second hand unit that has not been tampered with.
Copy, so you need it repaired. I assume you still have it? Like @brettk mentioned, that ebay dude repairs VAFs and sells ones he refurbishes. He is an option some people have used without any issue. My experience with his merchandise/service wasn't positive so I sent my VAF to BavRest. Check out the info beginning on post 375 in this thread Builds - 1994 FZJ-80 - Let the Adventure Ensue - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1994-fzj-80-let-the-adventure-ensue.1240631/page-19

If you want specifics about my experience with the ebay dude, hit me up on PM.

How is that AFM working that you had refurbished?
Was going to update my thread once I got about 1,000 miles on it but so far 450 miles and no issues. Runs like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom