Toyota Matrix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
My Son's girlfriend is looking for a new car. Anyone know much about the Matrix?
Thanks in advance.
Eduardo :beer:

I've personally beat the crap out of a bunch of them when I get them as loaner cars.
nzd.gif

Seriously, they are lil rice s***boxes. :-X :D

Plus, tell your son to tell her to buy either an old El Camino or a van so he can get some. :slap: :flipoff2: I am of course assuming they are of at least 18 years age. ::)
thorsten_rammler.gif

Dude,
they live together, so he probably don't get none!!! ::)
she is looking for a daily driver, you have any idea what engine is in this rice box? :beer:

I think the Matrix comes standard with a four cylinder, but is available with a six cylinder, don't quote me on that. I've heard that the Matrix shares numerous parts with the camry, plus it is available with all wheel drive. What ever the case, it looks like a decent grocery getter, decent gas mileage and fairly zippy. She should also consider the Subaru WRX wagon, it's way faster, about the same size and roughly the same price, just my 2 cents.

Gus,
Thanks for the input. The subaru wrx is the other vechicle they are looking @. I was curious about the Matrix,and if junk can't blow it up when he rents one, it sounds like is a decent machine :D

Check out the new Toyota Scion A/B. The B looks a little strange, but it has loads of soace in a small package, handles great, rides great, and has good power. How can yougo wrong for $14K. The best part is that it has NOTHING in common with a freekin Pontiac!

do you guys get the corrolla

how about a 40 (small)

[quote author=Junk link=board=3;threadid=6322;start=msg50956#msg50956 date=1066180807]
Plus, tell your son to tell her to buy either an old El Camino or a van so he can get some. :slap: :flipoff2: I am of course assuming they are of at least 18 years age.
[/quote]
Its alright as long as you're both under 18. :flipoff2: :cheers:
High school girls like Land Cruisers....... :D

We are thinking about buying another DD to offset the high gas prices and also reduce wear and tear on the 80 series. This would be my wifes Grocery getter and the kids car when they start to drive next year.

i was thinking of a used matrix or a corolla but it seems the matrix is too new for that.

Anybody know -

- When the Matrix came out ? 2003?

- How were they in their first year (I try to avoid first year cars, even in a Toyota)?

- How does the Corolla compare to the Matrix?

The goal is just simple reliable transport. Any ideas?

A dune buggy would be cool ... ;p

T Y L E R said:
A dune buggy would be cool ... ;p

Drive a buggy would cause the coffee to spill I think. Try again T

Ask Eron, she'll set ya straight .. drinks her Starbucks thru a straw! haha

backatcha

:D

Ok, you may poke yer brain out with the straw, and I can't let that happen to a friend .. so let me think on another sol'n ..

TY

Pretty sure the Pontiac Vibe is a re-bodied Matrix and seems to be generally less expensive. My wife's friend has a Vibe and they have no complaints, but that's the extent of my experience.

An ex-employee was shopping for a Matrix a while back, but found out that you can't get the XRS (180hp) version in AWD. So he bought a GTI 1.8T.

2003 seems to be the first year.

the vibe is more $ than a matrix as i found out to my surprise. it is differently optioned but even when you even that out the matrix appears to be a better deal. maybe it's the no dicker toyota pricing. The new matrix in stripped down form is a pretty good deal in canada. as soon as you add options it moves up rapidly.

riley i don't know how the corolla compares to a matrix but have you considered an echo hatchback? Those have lots of room and are cheap. ps, just how many miles does M put on that cruiser anyway?

My EX-wife was in a head on collision driving a Matrix. A Heep Cherokee crossed the center line and took her out. She had my Daughter and her step daughter in the car with her. Her Matrix was totalled and and the Heep also. The Heep people went to the hospital, The matrix people got seat belt bruises and my ex got a airbag burn, they all walked away just fine. The next week she bought another Matrix. I dont know if its a good car, but its a safe car. Just my two cents, Pup

Simon - I figure M drives the 80 about 10K/year (rough guess). Not a lot but I think I worked out that I could save about 1K year in fuel if she got 30mpg in a DD (only figuring on extra insurance, not maintance). I had figured if we bought an Echo new and drove it for 10 years and then threw it away, I'd break even. Not bad.

The Echo was the first idea but I'm having trouble with the looks and room ect...

I kinda like the looks of the Matrix but they get expensive fast. The used ones aren't cheap either.

I need to redo the math but I think it was about as above. The other advantage is that I could really mod up the 80 series and she wouldn't care. Imagine being able to pull it apart and not have to finish before Sunday night! It would always be in pieces.

The other thing is that Elliot will be driving age next year and I'd rather he not learn in the 80. I need that truck in 20 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom