Toyota/Lexus Door Lock Actuator Group Buy NEW!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used JB weld to re-seal the housing, but put a couple of welding clamps on the assembly and let it cure for a week before reinstalling. After about a year or so later, they still work perfectly!

Hope the experts can lend a hand..
My '98 100 has the developed the following issue over the past 2 months, not sure if this falls into the Door Lock Actuator issue:
- First it started locking itself after I had the truck unlocked and doors opened then closed. Not the unlock, forget to open door = relock.
- replaced battery in remote, "seemed to fix" for a while.
- Next the remote on the key would intermittently not want to lock the doors. I would be able to "unlock" the doors w the remote then the "lock" button would work. I did notice that the key fob remote red LED would start flashing and stay flashing even when not near the truck. Flashes about every second.
- As of yesterday, the remote will only sporadically work and the truck is now "possessed" as in locks and unlocks (flashes lights) randomly if key is near the truck.
- after reading this and a number of other threads on programming the keys, I hit the lock / unlock buttons over and over. After about 10 sequences, the drivers door lock lever (small lever by door handle) would stick half way. This leads me to the door lock actuator motor being part of the problem.

Through all of this, the key works to open the doors, the power lock unlock buttons have worked (except my stress test this AM). Of course after owning the 100 since new and three kids, I have one key for the truck like most of the rest of the Mud members.

Actuator motors, ECU, Key fob remote guts? What do the experts say? Searching on blinking remote / fob/ etc. only leads to how to program a key..

- after reading this and a number of other threads on programming the keys, I hit the lock / unlock buttons over and over. After about 10 sequences, the drivers door lock lever (small lever by door handle) would stick half way. This leads me to the door lock actuator motor being part of the problem.

I can't speak to the other issues and they seem unrelated to the actuator and maybe related to the controller as discussed in the main tech thread. The lever sticking half way on only one door is almost definitely an actuator issue. Very similar experience that many other people have. Either the door wont fully lock or wont fully unlock.

Thanks Jonathan - just ordered 5 of the actuator motors. Figure I will need the other 4 as time goes on.

Check your inbox for the PP $.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon,
Need your address to send a money order for 3

Thanks

TLC Dan

Bump for Jon's address

Thanks Phil. Anybody know his address?

i'll take 4, front doors rarely work anymore and I'm sure the rear are not too far behind.

I'd like to get 10 of them (5 for my '01 and 5 for my wife's '02) but I haven't received a reply from jonharis when I tried to PM him. Any ideas?

I ordered 5 of them right before Jon went out of town (04.23). Received them about a week later. I was not worried as they are still sitting in my shop waiting to be installed. I ordered 5 (need one right now).
Are you PMing him or just leaving a message on the board here?

Hey guys. Sorry to keep you all hanging, unfortunately I had zero service at Overland Expo. Everything that has been ordered is shipped and you should see the packages at the end of the week.

For new orders,If I have not responded to your PM by tonight please send me an update. They are in stock and will be shipped this week.

The new mud is still not meshing well with me. Not sure if I'm the only one or not, but the old app was as close to perfect as it gets for access ability and user friendliness.

Thanks.

Jon,
Need your address to send a money order for 3

Thanks

TLC Dan

I do not take money orders and no longer take checks, the extra work to process is not worth it on my end and PayPal is a safe and proven platform. I sen't you a PM with payment details.

i'll take 4, front doors rarely work anymore and I'm sure the rear are not too far behind.

PM sent.

I'd like to get 10 of them (5 for my '01 and 5 for my wife's '02) but I haven't received a reply from jonharis when I tried to PM him. Any ideas?

I never saw your PM, sorry if I missed it. PM sent.

How much does it cost to ship Jon out to Utah to swap mine? :D

I've got them sitting in a box (your rock Jon) but I need to get on it, on hot days when the interior is a million degrees, half my door locks are intermittently slow or won't actuate all the way. Weather cools down and they lock just fine. Time... just need more of it. :D

I am also looking for him. I sent him a PM, no reply yet...

I hate to do this, but does anybody know if Jon is ok? I paid him for motors back in the end of May. He did respond a couple weeks later saying he missed my order but would ship it out the next week. That was the first of June. I have pm'd and emailed him multiple times with no response. He is or was on the board a lot so I'm not too worried. I'm sure life just got busy or something. If anybody has anyway of getting in contact with him, can you have him check his email. Thanks

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom