Toyota land cruiser prado engine light comes on and no acceleration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day guys, after i drive 2 kms, the engine light comes on and there is no acceleration, tachometer shows 950rpm. if i turn off the engine and restart, works normal until light comes back on. any ideas?
its a 1KZJ95 model 2000.
1kz-te engine
Thanks in advance

you are in recovery .
electronic computer detects something not right in the injectors or in the pump .
go to the dealer asap, but check your bank account first ....
It may cost you some cash

you are in recovery .
electronic computer detects something not right in the injectors or in the pump .
go to the dealer asap, but check your bank account first ....
It may cost you some cash
Thanks for the response, any other opinions?
I recently changed the 4 injectors because I was getting “leaking” from the previous set. I serviced this present set myself. Don’t know what could be causing this present problem. But this was the recent change so maybe

Good day guys, after i drive 2 kms, the engine light comes on and there is no acceleration, tachometer shows 950rpm. if i turn off the engine and restart, works normal until light comes back on. any ideas?
its a 1KZJ95 model 2000.
1kz-te engine
Thanks in advance
Hi Kapil,

I am also experiencing this issue with the same year same model vehicle. Have you found a solution to this matter? I have done a bit of researches where some say it's the turbo or MAP sensor. Thanks

Mal

Hi Kapil,

I am also experiencing this issue with the same year same model vehicle. Have you found a solution to this matter? I have done a bit of researches where some say it's the turbo or MAP sensor. Thanks

Mal
Hi Mally,

I did eventually solved the problem. What you need to do a diagnostic on the engine by bridging Ec1 and Tc1 in the diagnostic port in the engine area. Then go through the flashing light checks to determine the error code. I also followed the repair manual and did some checks on the ECU, PDL did not produced a voltage as supposed to be. If it’s the same issue as mines it will be 19. 19 is the accelerator pedal switch. PDL also deals with this switch. But actually nothing is wrong with the switch, remove the accelerator pedal assembly and you will see that the switch is no being activated because the switch goes inside a hole on the pedal. Toyota made a bad design by putting a plastic actuator part which mounts inside this hole. With age the plastic part deteriorates and causes this problem. I simply tied 3 tie wraps so the switch can be activated. This solved the problem.
Hope this helps.
Nobody gave this solution which I believe will eventually affect all these Prado’s.

Hi Mally,

I did eventually solved the problem. What you need to do a diagnostic on the engine by bridging Ec1 and Tc1 in the diagnostic port in the engine area. Then go through the flashing light checks to determine the error code. I also followed the repair manual and did some checks on the ECU, PDL did not produced a voltage as supposed to be. If it’s the same issue as mines it will be 19. 19 is the accelerator pedal switch. PDL also deals with this switch. But actually nothing is wrong with the switch, remove the accelerator pedal assembly and you will see that the switch is no being activated because the switch goes inside a hole on the pedal. Toyota made a bad design by putting a plastic actuator part which mounts inside this hole. With age the plastic part deteriorates and causes this problem. I simply tied 3 tie wraps so the switch can be activated. This solved the problem.
Hope this helps.
Nobody gave this solution which I believe will eventually affect all these Prado’s.
Hi, Every body have a nice day !I am new in this group ,some years ago I owned a Hilux 1KZ-TE diesel engine facing similar problems finally, a Throttle Position Sensor replaced , problem solve ( this engine come with a acceleration cable ).
Another car of my friend Prado 1KZ-TE engine without acceleration cable facing the same problem , As i unable to get the Throttle Position Sensor here, therefore do not sure whether is the same caused. Appreciated very much any one can help to provide information where i can get the Throttle Position Sensor as well as the list of error code in enable me to solve the problems .
Thank you very much ,

We had a similar issue on our 2002 model Prado. Engine light would come on and would loose all power 900 revs 5th doing around 60. Took it into town to local mechanic and turns out a small oil leak from the turbo which had been around for years and had never been a bother just needed cleaning every couple months. The excess oil had work its was down the side of the engine block and into the timing control valve. (which essentially control's the angle of the camshaft and changes how much air and fuel mixture is let into the engine). After a couple days and a bit of a bill the whole area was tidied up beautifully oil leak fixed and the old timing control valve was replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom