Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the link where you can post your concern... I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement instrument cluster, or just the speedometer for my 71 FJ40. The connector on the back of the speedometer is plastic. It got brittle and cracked so the speedo cable will not stay connected. I voiced my dilemma through the link above.

Sorry, after I posted this message I realize that it went to the wrong thread...

Last edited:
I'm not understanding your question.

The tail light guards were reproduced in the Toyota GR Heritage Program and are available for dealers with access to said program in Japan.

Kurt are these only available to dealers in Japan or are there deals in the US with access to the program? By your responses gathering Heritage parts you bought were as a private individual not a company? Unless I'm mistaken you have not purchased any items of size. We can't get any of the exhaust that isn't heavy just bulky without paying ridiculous shipping. Can't imagine what a PTO winch would could to ship to the US if they ever actually make a PTO winch setup available again.

Kurt are these only available to dealers in Japan or are there deals in the US with access to the program? By your responses gathering Heritage parts you bought were as a private individual not a company? Unless I'm mistaken you have not purchased any items of size. We can't get any of the exhaust that isn't heavy just bulky without paying ridiculous shipping. Can't imagine what a PTO winch would could to ship to the US if they ever actually make a PTO winch setup available again.

I'm not familiar with any US dealers with access to these parts. I've bought a great deal of GRH parts for my personal pursuits and some customer projects. I'm not interested in bringing in the larger items particularly those that will require HS7 and duties paperwork but the smaller stuff I'll keep ordering and can sell some.

I'm not familiar with any US dealers with access to these parts. I've bought a great deal of GRH parts for my personal pursuits and some customer projects. I'm not interested in bringing in the larger items particularly those that will require HS7 and duties paperwork but the smaller stuff I'll keep ordering and can sell some.

i personally tried like HELL to do anything i could and would to obtain that front pipe , simply to have it and examine it and such

- it would not be professional i do not think to post the Gazooo Racing email back and forth , but i legally own a USA valid title and truck too for a 1983 FJ43L-KC .

- if i actually got the front pipe , i was going to clone it for my FJ43 in Stainless for just me and simply mail @Living in the Past , the original without telling him first .🤣

Gazoo told me TOYOTA Motor sales Japan has this policy set up that the GaZoo Racing main online store entity based in JAPAN simply makes NO SALES to the United State of America , CANADA or south America of anything ?

in other words the entire western hemisphere ...:confused:

- i was very very fortunate to have a close friend obtain be the 84111-20031 eye lashes knob light switch and the PTO wind and unwind ....

- i simply wanted them in my own collection as specimens ....

- i simply do not understand the big Gazoo picture on why it seams they are and will alienate the Western Hemisphere as a whole ?

- i guess they have yet to learn i truly am ToyotaMatt , TOYOTA Motor Corporation. Japan's biggest Phan , and will always be just that :)

Last edited:
Are there any saudis or anyone that can buy those parts, then ship them to USA indirectly? Maybe it’s more expensive but maybe it is worth it to some?

Do you still have these tail light covers available? I never reached out.

Brian

Do you still have these tail light covers available? I never reached out.

Brian

I'll have to look. I sent a few pairs home with customers, not sure if I have any left available.

New addition for the 40: 47313-60020

F64842A9-5B16-4067-A37C-2102A0FA9BA7.jpeg

A few more goodies arrived :cool:

1683307982449.png

Wow, a steel line with 2 flare fittings. I'm glad they are focusing on parts that are extremely difficult to make by hand. 🤦
Haha what the hell are they thinking?? I could get that made for probably $20. Can they please focus on the big ticket items that are impossible to replicate??!!

I could make that myself in half an hour if I bought the tool! What are they going to replicate next, a light bulb?

In January 2020, Toyota began the Heritage Program to begin production of no longer available parts for the A70 and A80 Supra. In July 2020, Toyota added the 2000GT to the list of vehicles with parts production support through the Heritage Program.

Earlier today I made my frequent parts order call to my local dealership to get the common response, "part # XXXXX-XXXXX that you want to purchase is NLA". I'm a resourceful guy just like everyone on this site and I can do a lot to revive old worn bits but there is a limit to what can be rebuilt. Scouring fleabay for sketchy used parts isn't my idea of a fun afternoon; I'd rather be opening a Lexus/Toyota Genuine Parts box and installing a new part into my old cruiser. Why is Toyota supporting the Supra and 2000GT and not their most iconic/flagship vehicle, the vehicle that enabled them to enter new markets around the world and was largely responsible for the success of their company?

So I called Toyota's customer service at 800-331-4331 and spoke with Carrie W. (she's awesome BTW). I pitched this request and ended up on hold while she talked with a supervisor. She came back and said the supervisor response to my question was that they haven't had any significant volume of inquiry requests for adding the FJ25 or FJ40 to the Heritage Program, but they would send the program managers my request and... if they found there was enough demand they would likely add support for these vehicles. If you'd like to have access to new OEM parts that are currently NLA then please call the number and person listed above and put in a request. We may be able to get the Land Cruiser added to the Heritage Program if we flood them with requests. I may call them once every day until they get so fed up with me that they just do what I'm asking.

Also, my daily NLA parts order was: 17343-61020 hose between air bypass valve and check valve, 17342-61030 hose between smog pump and air bypass valve, 19220-61102 distributor vacuum advance (dual diaphragm style), 17810-61010 distributor air filter, at this point I gave up and ordered an air filter.
Thank You ! I will contact them and give my 2Cents

The winch knob seems to be available at Amayama now.
1684703681299.png

Not tested all the parts but have seen at least a few others listed as available at Amayma (but haven't tried to order them).

Also, this WE I talked to someone who owns a Toyota dealership in Belgium (and a large collection of perfectly restored vintage Toyotas). And I showed him my brand new lamp guard from the GR heritage program, still with the 75136-60040 sticker on it. He was not aware of the program but he showed me his dealer ordering software and 75136-60040 was listed available in Belgium... ~150€ public price, ouch! (And I think ~80€ dealer price).
But if I search on our local equivalent of TPD/Amayama it's still listed NLA.

We need F145/155 exhaust manifolds, and gaskets, and downpipe, and heat riser parts... not knobs...

Really want to get intake and exhaust manifolds as a set. But even just the exhaust too big to be any good to us in the US. As for the down pipe the general market 1/79+ version is available thru the Heritage program. It a smaller piece than the pre 1/79 and we can't even get that for close to a reasonable price (think thousands of dollars). Have seen nothing from the Heritage Program available here that can't fit easily in one hand. To my knowledge nothing from the Heritage Program is being directly shipped to the US and being sold. That's why everything is sold in small enough to come thru the mail not freight. Try to get a group buy on a certain part to help with the shipping cost and it's not allowed. Program sounded good at first but really been a bust to us in the US. Think even a mass mailing to Toyota asking for parts would no go nowhere. Toyota USA is more concerned with new car sales than providing parts to keep forty year plus old ones on the road. Toyota has fallen short compared to what other car manufacturers have done to help keep their classic vehicles on the road. Really a shame since it was the FJ40 Toyota used to get a foothold in the US market and build a dealer network. Their first attempt at car sales failed and was dropped for years. Only after a dealer network was built using the Land Cruiser did they attempt cars sale again. First FJ40 is a 68. In 1979 when Toyota computerized their parts system they dropped everything pre 3/69. So I'm use to Toyota turning their back on Land Cruiser owners.

with all the various input and discussion here in this tech thread , i can't say i have ever seen or heard anyone including myself mention the main reason we have this thread to begin with ?

this is not my usual Satire Dry Humor here , it's dead NUTZ important to me and i know of another , whom we are grateful for Kurt Williams Volunteer time and efforts whatever ends up , i know he is always going to BAT for us all , all things HERITAGE Program , Thanks Brother , your a Friend and SOLID MUD BUDDY Too Kurt

i crafted the below up as my way of saying the above as i usually indeed do ....

this NOS Unicorn is also offered up to @cruiserdan and @cruiseroutfit shall they need one for a specimen at OUR HERITAGE Museum ......

thanks for letting me share ,t his was long over do ....

matt .... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom