Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually, is there a US part number for those 1 and 5 gallon oil cans? Those would be pretty cool to have in the garage. Plus I need the 0w20 for the wife's Sienna, and (hopefully) my future GR Corolla.:steer:

Actually, is there a US part number for those 1 and 5 gallon oil cans? Those would be pretty cool to have in the garage. Plus I need the 0w20 for the wife's Sienna, and (hopefully) my future GR Corolla.:steer:

Can’t get those through US dealers.

Maybe from abroad but will need MSDSs for shipping to US.

Got a few more things including the 44311-60010 vane pump (PS) pulley. Looked in my computer and realized that is another somewhat recent part they discontinued. We sold our last one in 2020, looks like it died in the 2018-2019 time frame. Fast forward 3 years and it's back :D

44311-60010.jpg

This is a stupid question, but where can I buy these parts?

At current, you'll need to source from a Japan based source. I have a limited amount of GRH items in stock and have considered ramping that up for re-sell. What item are you after?

you'll need to source from a Japan based source.

Would be great if they was a list in this thread.

Main items I'm after are the late FJ40 exhaust after the exhaust manifold. Believe 1/79+ nothing is available from Toyota anymore in the US. Because of size it gets real expensive quick shipping from Japan for just a single item. Not sure what the pricing would be they were if brought in bulk versus a single piece.

I seem to be in a minority seeing the advantage of routing the exhaust outside the frame versus running above the skid plate. Besides being tight with a PTO winch it's also adds heat to the transmission and transfer case. I do have a PTO that the aluminum case has a melted spot from the exhaust.

Would be great if they was a list in this thread.

Main items I'm after are the late FJ40 exhaust after the exhaust manifold. Believe 1/79+ nothing is available from Toyota anymore in the US. Because of size it gets real expensive quick shipping from Japan for just a single item. Not sure what the pricing would be they were if brought in bulk versus a single piece.

I seem to be in a minority seeing the advantage of routing the exhaust outside the frame versus running above the skid plate. Besides being tight with a PTO winch it's also adds heat to the transmission and transfer case. I do have a PTO that the aluminum case has a melted spot from the exhaust.

When the cost on a premade single piece of exhaust pipe will likely come close to entire FJ40 worth of mandrel bent TIG welded 304 exhaust (and labor), I think that is where it becomes a non-starter for US retailers to import

At current, you'll need to source from a Japan based source. I have a limited amount of GRH items in stock and have considered ramping that up for re-sell. What item are you after?
Are those the original metal tail light guards? I'd love a set of them

Are those the original metal tail light guards? I'd love a set of them

Yes, Toyota has reproduced them. I do have a small stash of those and would be happy to sell a pair. Shoot me a PM and we can proceed.

Are they in the program or Toyota just reproducing them? Though dealers could get these.

I'm not understanding your question.

The tail light guards were reproduced in the Toyota GR Heritage Program and are available for dealers with access to said program in Japan. I do have 5-10 sets of them I purchased in Japan and had shipped here. I wasn't planning to retail but I'd be happy to re-home a few pairs.

I'm not understanding your question.

The tail light guards were reproduced in the Toyota GR Heritage Program and are available for dealers with access to said program in Japan. I do have 5-10 sets of them I purchased in Japan and had shipped here. I wasn't planning to retail but I'd be happy to re-home a few pairs.

Just confused. Your post said Toyota was reproducing them. Remember someone ordering from either a dealer or Amayama early on and getting the tail light guards. I see Amayama lists them as available but not the exhaust I'm after. Just thought it Amayama was part of the program they would have everything available?

Will check but pretty sure I am covered on tail light guards. Know I pull a set years ago from a wrecking yard. In general I am covered on metal parts that rust. As I have acquired late model parts it is the few missing parts to use them I am trying to source, some of which are in the program.

Tail light guard… I don’t see the pic LITP is talking about… is there a pic?

Nvm … found what u guys were talking about… the inside tail light shield aka tail light cover

For clarity

Screenshot 2023-02-02 161439.png

Just confused. Your post said Toyota was reproducing them. Remember someone ordering from either a dealer or Amayama early on and getting the tail light guards. I see Amayama lists them as available but not the exhaust I'm after. Just thought it Amayama was part of the program they would have everything available?

Will check but pretty sure I am covered on tail light guards. Know I pull a set years ago from a wrecking yard. In general I am covered on metal parts that rust. As I have acquired late model parts it is the few missing parts to use them I am trying to source, some of which are in the program.

Amayama is not a direct dealer (to my knowledge) and thus they may not elect or have the option to stock it all. Not every part on the list is live now or yet, some are already sold out too. I'm not sure what they plan to do continued production runs on. I can ask.

It's me.
Those parts were NLA before the program. I had tried to order them (on other sources than Amayama) 2 years before.
My guess is that Amayama had never registered the fact they were NLA (if no-one tried to order the exact PN at Amayama), actually the 2 sides had different prices and weights listed... But as it was listed available they tried to get them from Toyota and succeeded.... After my order, price and weight got updated to correct values on Amayama.

But as we saw, parts listed as NLA on Amayama they don't let you try to order and it seems they have no way to update their system for a part coming back to production...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom