Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know how it works out. Would buy that and 17401-61090 if available in the US market. But neither were ever offered in the US which may create a problem. Got lucky that we get the H55F being it was never used in a Land Cruiser in US. 17401-61090 just routes the exhaust above the frame. 79/80 ran under the frame. 81-83 ran over the frame with a small pipe for EGR. If your planning eleminate the CAT you keeping the EGR? I have purchased a few new OEM parts in Australia thru friend. Not cheap and 10% tax on top of that. But that may be an option if Toyota won't sell them in the US.
Already have a new cat and a NOS muffler, was in the middle of this project when the part dropped. I was planning to build that section of pipe but stoked to just bolt this one up. I’m keeping all the emissions stuff in my restoration. Not required in WA. Just trying to keep it all stock.
D7A57DFB-DFC8-424D-B629-2490D4597D59.jpeg

My CAT seems to be empty and I would love to re-route the exhaust and eliminate the empty CAT can. Subscribed!

My CAT seems to be empty and I would love to re-route the exhaust and eliminate the empty CAT can. Subscribed!

My big question is will we be able to buy any of exhaust system they are reproducing in the US. The header pipe fits all FJ40s FJ43 and FJ45s from 1/79 on except for our 2Fs with a CAT. The second pipe all 1/79+ FJ40 except ours with a CAT.

The muffler/tailpipe was available until just lately. Hopefully those will come back as well.
Would run this in 73 FJ40 FST just to get the exhaust away from the PTO and above the bottom of the frame.

Placed the order but the dealership doesn’t have it in their system, they are calling GR to see how to get the pipe. Will know more soon

US based dealer?

US based dealer?

That is my question as well. Pricing seems high in Australia plus the 10% tax on top of that. But I might consider going that route because of Covid still have parts there that exhaust pieces could be added too. But would perfer to buy them in the US. Coming from Australia will pay an import tax on top of everything else. So far I do not believe anything I have there was new OEM. Prices on everything else has been cheap.

If you have stock F and manifold you will have an issue with the flange, no?

While I have the original engine for my 73 it came with a 74 F155 with the improved oiling system. Figure could change to a 2F exhaust manifold or use a 78 2F I have that has real good compression numbers. Not worried about keeping original. For resale will just hang onto the original parts. Four speed and Fairey OD aren't original but can be added just using the correct parts. Same with the axles. Current plan is disc in front and full floater in the rear. I don't have time or interest in building cruisers to flip. I have been stock piling parts for years.

All metal is done by a company named SEQSA here in Costa Rica. They sell exclusively through Cool Cruisers of Texas. Go to there website as they have all the information about the metal used in the contruction of the metal body parts.

This thread is about NLA (no longer available) parts that Toyota is bringing back. Members are always interested in the quality of aftermarket parts just would be better suited in it's own thread.

This thread is about NLA (no longer available) parts that Toyota is bringing back. Members are always interested in the quality of aftermarket parts just would be better suited in it's own thread.
💯%, @Living in the Past. I suppose I asked half in jest, but in all sincerity was thinking that maybe since we were in the thread about NLA parts being reproduced by Toyota that the example given had used NOS body parts.

💯%, @Living in the Past. I suppose I asked half in jest, but in all sincerity was thinking that maybe since we were in the thread about NLA parts being reproduced by Toyota that the example given had used NOS body parts.

lets Change the channel to ON TOPIC , reproduction parts : :)

- since the Toyota Heritage program did not get any submissions for a new reproduction designed 2F Choke Cable Assy. , ?

- i decided to create a totally new design and address all the Quarks of the Past , or at least i think i did anyway 🤔

Last edited:
Indicators are 24V and have been NLA for quite some time so its cool these are avail again. Of course making a 12V light 24V isn't exactly hard :D

I've heard mixed results on the US availability, originally the answer was yes but we've not seen anything GR Heritage shop up in the US system to day including the older car part offering.

I tried for the windshield with my parts guy... no dice at this point. Bummer...

My big question is will we be able to buy any of exhaust system they are reproducing in the US. The header pipe fits all FJ40s FJ43 and FJ45s from 1/79 on except for our 2Fs with a CAT. The second pipe all 1/79+ FJ40 except ours with a CAT.

The muffler/tailpipe was available until just lately. Hopefully those will come back as well.
Would run this in 73 FJ40 FST just to get the exhaust away from the PTO and above the bottom of the frame.
Above the frame and still room for the PTO? Pics of how this works. Is there a skid plate in the equation?

This are not my personal pictures but show the 1/79 routing of the exhaust except for markets with a CAT.
2E2BABE5-42C6-43A1-9A94-61529870C6E3.jpeg
D934CF16-C2EE-485E-A6F0-C21E1515C4A0.jpeg

Those markets the exhaust still went out side the frame just went under the frame on the 79 and 80 models. 81-83 it was above the frame like the rest of the world except it has a small EGR pipe. 8/80 a heat shield was added on the left foot well in the cowl. The CAT makes the exhaust run hotter. This is why it was run under the frame in 79 and 80. 81 model Toyota added the heat shield and moved it above the frame like the rest of the world. When the exhaust was run under the frame it blocked the routing fornthe PTO winch driveshaft. Even after 8/80 when Toyota routed all exhaust above the frame they never offered a PTO winch option in the US. I have sourced a couple non US market 8/80+ PTOs and driveshafts. Personally perfer the exhaust routed outside the frame. There is no skid plate for it but is higher than the frame. Two track trails the tire tracks have better clearance the the center. There the skid plates are lower than the frame. Routing exhaust above the skid plate added heat to the cab and transmission and transfer case. Toyota never added any type of heat skids in that area.

This is original exhaust on a 10/75.
0007.JPG

To my knowledge this is the routing up to 1/79. Probably worse than the US 79/80 models. Rare you see the original routing with the exhaust run under the skid plate. When running a factory PTO winch very hard to get clearance between the frame and PTO. Have a 70 FJ40 that the original owner added a Ramsey PTO winch. The PTO mounted to the back of the transfer case allowed for room to run the exhaust above the skid plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom