Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both rear lights covers are listed available at Amayama for 56$ (exact same price for both).
I'm not sure if it's an old listing or a new one, price match the one on the Japanese GR website and I thought I had looked for those parts when restoring my FJ40 (so seeing them as NLA as I did not ordered them back then).
But hard to be sure, on the European equivalent of Amayama or TPD one side is listed available and the other one NLA, pretty sure this is an old listing.

I need to do an order at Amayama soon so I'll try my luck with those...

I order from Amayama regularly. Most the time is it's NLA on other sites. Have yet to have them come thru with any of the parts. They now at least show it No Longer Available after I order. Years ago would be try again in a few weeks. I would say go ahead and order just the part that shows NLA on other sites. They aren't billing me until they know they have the part so nothing lost for trying.

I'm kinda curious on the 3B oil pump parts. It's awesome and I'm glad to see 3B parts, but that doesn't seem like something people have to replace much...
I want it regardless, cause 3B. Maybe I'll have some extra money in a few months. I definitely will get the light guards.

I'm kinda curious on the 3B oil pump parts. It's awesome and I'm glad to see 3B parts, but that doesn't seem like something people have to replace much...
I want it regardless, cause 3B. Maybe I'll have some extra money in a few months. I definitely will get the light guards.

The program is definitely geared towards JDM specification parts so far.

The B series engine was the most prevalent across all 40 series vehicles in the JDM for the entire production run of the 40 series… mainly because of taxation reason in the JDM. The 2F was too big an engine displacement for the JDM.

The B series engine was the most prevalent across all 40 series vehicles in the JDM for the entire production run of the 40 series… mainly because of taxation reason in the JDM. The 2F was too big an engine displacement for the JDM.
In Europe also, we got like 90% of B/3B over here. But still, on the French forum when I mentioned the 3B parts remanufactured no-one was impressed or interested by those... Many parts around the engine are researched and hard to find but never saw someone asking for a 3B oil pump parts.

The B series engine was the most prevalent across all 40 series vehicles in the JDM for the entire production run...

I show the earliest BJ40 being 2/74. That's over half way thru the 40 series production run which started either 1960 or 1961.

Was there an earlier model that is not listed on Amayama?

Interestingly, the 15121-56030/15122-56030 they are offering... is already available through AISIN :D

I show the earliest BJ40 being 2/74. That's over half way thru the 40 series production run which started either 1960 or 1961.

Was there an earlier model that is not listed on Amayama?
HJ45 started in 04/72 but no diesel before in Land Cruiser.

Note that it matches when Land Cruisers started to be widely distributed in Europe. Actually in France 1974 is the first year of import for the Land Cruiser.

HJ45 started in 04/72 but no diesel before in Land Cruiser.

Note that it matches when Land Cruisers started to be widely distributed in Europe. Actually in France 1974 is the first year of import for the Land Cruiser.

4/72 is the oldest I see a four speed in a Land Cruiser. The US goes back to 1958 for the first Land Cruiser. As of yet Toyota have never imported a diesel Land Cruiser offered for sale to the public in the US. Land Cruiser diesels have been sold for use in mined in the US but not for use on public roadways.

Heritage Parts in the flesh (not mine)

3542F634-C57A-439D-872F-6860CF310CFA.jpeg

Heritage Parts in the flesh (not mine)

View attachment 3009391

Wonder if they have plans for the E-1/78?

Someone said Toyota has moved the parts system up to 1975, if this is a rumor or true not sure. Can't remember the last time I bought something for a Land Cruiser directly from a dealer. Even longer I didn't have the part numbers for what I wanted. Wonder if this heritage program is going to favor the later 40 series? Has any early parts shown up?

I asked Megazip about those light guards, since I'm hoping to order a bunch of other stuff from them soon. I'll let everyone know what they say. I've established I'll have this thing for a long time and that aftermarket stuff is rarely as good as OEM, so I'm getting very excited to see what else comes down the line.

Edit: They can get them, but like $100 each. Great company, but shop around if you're on a budget with these.

Last edited:
👀
1653490415770.png

Weight updated to 0.22 for both.

Some other parts are taking more time to come so still have to wait to have my hand on those x)

Someone nudge me when a brake master cylinder is available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom