Toyota Japan 90915-30002 vs Toyota Thailand 90915-300028T Oil filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking for an oil filter for the 80 looks like it's changed from the one made in japan vs Thailand.
I don't think you can go wrong with either because they're both genuine Toyota however the made-in-Thailand one looks to be built differently maybe with more modern filter materials? whats your opinions?

Links to the 2 variations are below:

made in japan: Oil Filters for 1HZ/1PZ/1HDT/1KZ/2LT....etc. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-filters-for-1hz-1pz-1hdt-1kz-2lt-etc.1263267/post-14043547

made in Thailand Oil filter 30002-8T - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-filter-30002-8t.129336/post-1757981

They are all made in Thailand now. You cannot get a Japanese-manufactured -30002 filter anymore, even in Japan.

Get the 90915-30002.
Internals look different. I’m sure it will be fine.

You cannot get a Japanese-manufactured -30002 filter anymore, even in Japan.
Not ENTIRELY true my friend. You could get one from my garage right now. :flipoff2:

Just a little bonus from like 8 years of spending all my time building a house instead of working on diesel cruisers.

Dan

Not ENTIRELY true my friend. You could get one from my garage right now. :flipoff2:

Just a little bonus from like 8 years of spending all my time building a house instead of working on diesel cruisers.

Dan

Indeed, you have been busy house-building and 3-holing!!

Kinda jealous, Dan! Safe travels friend.

Bummer, thought I could have held onto this one longer. Away she goes… if anyone has a Japanese one sitting on the shelf I’d be happy to purchase one.

F928D9BC-3BD2-45DE-BECC-6A9E0F5CB965.jpeg

These are the two versions. Note the tool on one of them which is also the genuine Toyota oil filter tool.

If the Made in Japan one no longer exists just go with 'genuine' live long and prosper.

Remember regular oil and filter changes are the 'cheap insurance' along with regular coolant changes.

These are the two versions. Note the tool on one of them which is also the genuine Toyota oil filter tool.

If the Made in Japan one no longer exists just go with 'genuine' live long and prosper.

Remember regular oil and filter changes are the 'cheap insurance' along with regular coolant changes.

Could you hit us with the part number on that filter wrench? I'm going to buy one.

They are all made in Thailand now. You cannot get a Japanese-manufactured -30002 filter anymore, even in Japan.

Get the 90915-30002.

I still have a lot of the -30002 Japanese ones from you. It will be a sad day when I use my last one.

I still have a lot of the -30002 Japanese ones from you. It will be a sad day when I use my last one.
Bought a box of them myself a few years ago. Has anyone actually compared the construction and materials and quality of the two versions?

Bought a box of them myself a few years ago. Has anyone actually compared the construction and materials and quality of the two versions?

I often wonder the same thing but if it is OEM, it is good enough for me.

By the way, I also have that OEM wrench tool and it really is the best tool for installing/removing the OEM filters using a ratchet extension. The OEM fuel filter tool p/n 09228-64010 is also a must have as well. Just makes your life a little easier.

I often wonder the same thing but if it is OEM, it is good enough for me.

By the way, I also have that OEM wrench tool and it really is the best tool for installing/removing the OEM filters using a ratchet extension. The OEM fuel filter tool p/n 09228-64010 is also a must have as well. Just makes your life a little easier.
Just to confirm. Does that fuel filter wrench (09228-64010) also fit the oil filter or only for the fuel filter? I love that offset design.

Just to confirm. Does that fuel filter wrench (09228-64010) also fit the oil filter or only for the fuel filter? I love that offset design.

Onur already answered the question but it would be nice if it would work for both. Never thought of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom