Toyota HJ61 Pcv valve for 12HT location and swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all new to the thread. Simple question I have, is anyone familiar with the PCV valve on 1989 HJ61(right hand drive VX model turbo diesel).

Pertaining It’s location and swapping it out.

I picked up an aftermarket valve which was the right description when purchased. But when comparing to original. The diameter of new valve fits in the diameter hole of old valve.

****new valve is a fraction smaller than original.

Can someone help this newbie.

Thanks in advance!

The bigger picture is me trying to find out why my turbo is leaking on compression side

below is the ventilation parts diagram for a 12HT. I don't see any PCV. Where is yours located? Are you sure it is original or could it have been added when imported into US (Is this truck in LA?).

1670005303457.png

below is the ventilation parts diagram for a 12HT. I don't see any PCV. Where is yours located? Are you sure it is original or could it have been added when imported into US (Is this truck in LA?).

View attachment 3183736
this may sound elementary but I thought the Pcv valve is what hose 12261A is connected to the valve cover?

The other end runs back into thru turbo compressor via intake?

***truly appreciate the help clarifying the system.

(Yes the vehicle is imported into LA)

I’ve come to understand that blow-by is a major contributor of turbo leakage.

So…. if 12HT does not have an PCV valve, will adding an oil catch can to the ventilation system help alleviate the leaking oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom