Toyota H151f Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm about to start a new build and have a question about the compatibility of H151f gearboxes from 80 and 100 series Landcruisers. Are there any variations between the input shafts and transmission case-to-bellhousing bolt patterns from different model years that would prevent interchanging 80 and 100 series gearboxes? Are they all the same 14-spline, 32mm input shaft?

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find this specific info.

Thanks!

well we don't see any 100 series with manual .. but in Australia they came behind 2UZ and came match with H151 tranny .. as well as 1FZ-FE .

so to my knowledge all H151 came with 14 coarse splines input and uses 300mm clutch setup .. and yes all the same tranny ..

Note there is an H150 came behind 1HZ it's the same tranny in the exterior but with 21 splines input ( fine spline ) and lower gear ratios .. ( 1st and second gear )

Thanks for the reply. The 2uz is what I'm going to mate the H151 up to. I was just trying to confirm that a box out of an 80 series would mate up to the UZJ100 bellhousing. Sounds like it will. Guess I'll know for sure when the Toyota parts get here from Australia. Thanks!

Trevor,

Excuse my dumb question, but are you planning on putting a manual tranny into your 100 series? I'd love to see a thread on this process as you're doing it.....

Sorry for the late reply...

No, I am planning on stuffing a 2UZ/H151 combo into my '71 40 series. I've got most of the parts together. Still waiting on the tranny from Oz. Any day now!

The input shaft on the 80 series 1fz h151f transmissions is shorter than the input shaft on the 2uz h151f transmissions. I have had both of these and seen this myself. I am under the impression that if you swap out the input shaft for a 2uz version into and 80 series h151f, the rest is the same.

I don't know if the diesel h151f input shafts are different. I have never had the diesel version h151f.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom