Toyota forklift diesel motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was visiting a lumber re-man the other day and saw this; it looks to be a DI non turbo 12H

Any how there were a few Toyota forklifts working, I kept hearing what sounded like a 2H. I asked the manager if I could see this forklift up in person. ( The manager looked at me kind of funny) and called the operator over to us. I said, " could I see the motor", the manager looked at me funny again. He snapped his fingers and said something to the operator in a different language . So I took this quick photo while trying to act like a professional. Sorry for the blurr, cell phone shot.
Photo0109.jpg

Last edited:
Louis, thanks for the post. It says the 3Z is a 4 cylinder. In the above pic the decal says 3Z but it is a 6cylinder.

In a Landcruiser ?

I wonder how these engines could perform in a Landcruiser (engine swap) as all technical chart show 2600rpm max (in the link provided by lshobie).

Can they operate at higher rpm ?

I barlely go past 2500rpm on the 12H-T

OooooPs I forgot the other side. Once again sorry for the blurr. I wish I had more time to look at the IP.
Photo0108.jpg

I barlely go past 2500rpm on the 12H-T

Yeah, but for the Z serie engine, the peak performance is reach at 2200rpm. In the case of the 3B and 2H, even the 1HZ, the peak is reach at +/- 3500rpm.

In a diesel world... that make a big difference !

Yeah, but for the Z serie engine, the peak performance is reach at 2200rpm. In the case of the 3B and 2H, even the 1HZ, the peak is reach at +/- 3500rpm.

In a diesel world... that make a big difference !

That means this Z has a looooong fricken stroke. Nice.:cool:

Probably be possible to modify the governor to allow some useable rpm, like people do with the industrial application 4BT.
Either way, that thing would need more fuel and a turbo: 76hp from a 5.2L is way detuned.

Wonder what the bellhousing bolt pattern matches up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom