Wanted Toyota FJ40 '76-'83 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,

First time posting, but I've been lurking for awhile. I'm looking for a Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser years '76-'83. I'd prefer minimal rust frame and body, 2F engine, original or close to it. I know they are hard to come by and everybody is in search of the same thing, but if you have or know of one for sale please let me know. I'm located in Pennsylvania, but willing to travel for the right vehicle. Thanks for your time.

My 40 in ATL.... $35k on Craigslist ATL

Cover photo.jpg

Hi Bryant,

I am thinking about selling my 1975 FJ40 Hard Top. It has an original Inline 6 engine (replaced in 2004) and 4 speed transmission.

Painted inside and out with "Sun Fusion" FJ Cruiser color (2006-2010). Four wheel Willwood disc brakes. Very strong engine with no leaks and strong four wheel drive!

Seven foot hydraulic Meyers Snow Plow with controls on the stick shift for easy driving. Everything works; lights, heater, wipers, gauges, speedometer, etc. Unknown mileage since the Previous Owner did not have a working odometer. I fixed the odometer and have only put on 4,400 miles in seven years.

Great daily driver for me with removable snow plow that returns the look of the truck to 98% original. Just two 2" square holes in the front bumper (see avatar) and two plates below the passengers for long snow plow brace to frame mounts. This is a very sturdy design for plowing and all professionally done!

Pioneer aftermarket AM/FM/CD/MP3 with two pioneer speakers. Exterior is 85% perfect with a few nicks or imperfections here and there. Body has been patched up, is straight and does have body filler. Interior I 80% + with a couple of minor rust spots. The driver's seat is old and worn but probably the worst thing about the interior. I would say this is LESS than a "10 foot" paint job and body work. It looks very good and I get lots of compliments.

Since I am very tall, the only major modification is the Clutch, Brake and Gas pedals have all been professionally Lowered 3 1/2 inches. They are all in the stock location but just 5 1/2 inches off the floor. The driver's seat has also been Raised 2 1/2 inches by adding metal and wood blocks bolted to the floor. These can be removed if desired. The truck can still be driven by anyone of any size I just needed a little more leg room. As we all know, there is plenty of head room!

There are no rear seats! I have a spare tire carrier but it is not mounted on the truck. There is a second set of Wheels with Studded Snow Tires and deep tread that come with the truck. Just switch them out when it is legal to do so.

Mine doesn't fit the bill (GM 350 swapped) , but it's a 76' within a long days drive and I have a 2f motor (un-assembled) in a crate that may be able to come with it. Body and frame are rust free. Check out my new member post, and pm me if interested.

Mine doesn't fit the bill (GM 350 swapped) , but it's a 76' within a long days drive and I have a 2f motor (un-assembled) in a crate that may be able to come with it. Body and frame are rust free. Check out my new member post, and pm me if interested.
Nice truck! As I said in my post though I'm looking for one with a 2f in it. Good luck with your sale!

If your last name is Rockefeller, and your hobby is burning piles of $100 bills in your driveway.

I got to give Overton some credit, yes his rides are nice and spendy but one thing for certain is he knows his s*** and doesn't buy any junk. He hasn't made a living selling 40's by being a scum shyster. I've bought a several of rigs from him and he's always been awesome to deal with. So, if you want a project, don't buy it from Overton, but if you want a truck you don't have to worry if its going to drive off of the trailer, then I would check him out... IMO

I have a very nice 78 on consignment with power steering and air-conditioning that is in Oregon. The truck is priced at 34,900.

Just an FYI, I think you'll find that 76 through 78 will be generally more affordable than 79 through 82. 1983 is this a whole different animal. You will pay a premium for an 83. The last few I have sold we're all in the mid to high 60s.

The red 1978 I am talking about can be found here - 78 FJ40 RED 4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom