Toyota Factory Alarm Piezo Beeper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the RS3000 series factory alarm with the little red high-pitched piezo that beeps/chirps when you arm and disarm. I've doused mine with water a few times and the volume has slowly weakened. They are made by Floyd Bell so I went to www.floydbell.com and ordered another one. They make you register to get pricing but the unit is only $7.60 plus $4.00 for shipping. And the new one is much louder than the old one ever was. If you need one make sure you order the M-80W, tie mount, part # 34418.

Yea, yea I know Radio Shack is cheaper. But after 4 trucks with that alarm, that frequency of beep is burned into my brain and I didn't want to change.

I just paid Dan $22.72 for one, but amongst the $659 for the 120,000 mile service parts I didn't notice it.

Ok, here's my stupid question for the day .... whats a piezo? Does that replace the "horn" looking contraption I have under the hood on mine with an aftermarket alarm system? I dont really like the sound mine makes and have always liked the muted sound of the factory chirp, can you add this piezo to any alarm system?

Thanks in advance!~

Just found the wav. files and further explanation, so now I guess I know what a know what a piezo is ..... now if I can figure out if I can add that to mine?

elmariachi said:
I have the RS3000 series factory alarm with the little red high-pitched piezo that beeps/chirps when you arm and disarm. I've doused mine with water a few times and the volume has slowly weakened. They are made by Floyd Bell so I went to www.floydbell.com and ordered another one. They make you register to get pricing but the unit is only $7.60 plus $4.00 for shipping. And the new one is much louder than the old one ever was. If you need one make sure you order the M-80W, tie mount, part # 34418.

Yea, yea I know Radio Shack is cheaper. But after 4 trucks with that alarm, that frequency of beep is burned into my brain and I didn't want to change.

Good info.

The chirper is one OEM item I can't recommend. Mine isn't many months old and already has "lost its voice". Guess I'll try your suggestion.

the "factory" unit you got looks to have better build quality than the rat shack piezo I have, I am waiting for it to up and die in the conditions under the hood, so far it has not, I'll give it time.

I wish my stupid chirper worked! It only beeps if I hit the button to lock/arm and one of the doors are open. Otherwise, not a peep.

Mine quit working a long time ago and that is just fine with me. Door locks are loud enough for me to hear it lock/unlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom