Toyota Extended Warranties (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at an '04 Thunder Cloud Metallic L.C with 32K at a Toyota dealership. What extended warranties from Toyota offer the best coverage? I am not concerned so much with deductables, just the covered parts. My 2001 L.C. has the Toyota Extra Mile warranty, but it really does not seem very extensive in coverage. Things like audio system and navigation are excluded. Is there a better one out there that Toyota offers ?? :cheers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100-- Champagne Pearl--- 62K
1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---130K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---62K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17K a.k.a "Silver Bullet"

Last edited:
The Toyota CPO is pretty much useless as it covers provides full coverage for only 3 months or 3000 miles. The powertrain is covered for 7 years and 100K miles which is slightly more than the standard powertrain coverage of 5 years and 60K miles. In my opinion you are not getting much as the powertrain is probably the last thing that will fail on this truck. Try to get the dealer to sell you the Toyota Financial Services (TFS) 7/100K Platinum coverage for about 1500 to 1700 bucks and you will have bumber to bumber coverage for 7 years 100 k miles.

Check the Toyota web site - Financial Services for information on their extended warranties.

The standard Toyota CPO is bare bones, but you can upgrade at a reasonable cost to a better one. The 7/100 Platinum is the best. The $0 deductible is only $50 more than the $50 ded option - so on a 7 year one I suggest getting the $0 deductible - you will likely use it more than one.

If you don't get CPO, then you are stuck with a "used vehicle" warranty which will not cover as many of the items as you would like and it costs more.

If you get a used vehicle that is still in its new car warranty (CPO or not), you can buy the "new car" extended warranty. You can do better than your Extra Mile one.

Toyota dealers may try to sell you an third party warranty - sounds like what you got on your LC.

I bought my 04' from a Toyota dealer with the extended warranty and have already used it on getting the bluetooth TSB fixed. If I didn't have the ext. warranty they would not have fixed it. I did have to get the TSB for them though, DOH!

Do you have to be the first owner to buy the TFS coverage? I found a good used 2004 LC which is still under the original factory 3/36 bumber to bumber warranty. The car was made late 04 so hopefully the initial bugs with the nav has been worked out. I want to buy the TFS and want to know if there is any restrictions on having to be the first owner. If so, I may have to ask the seller to buy one and include it in the price.

Just got a reply from Troy saying you don't have to be the first owner. As long as the car is covered by the original bumper to bumber you can buy extended TFS coverage.

I just bought my Lexus financial extended warranty from Troy. 7/100k. Fantastic service.

Toyota Extra Care Platinum...which you can only get when you purchase the vehicle new or before the original warranty expires....otherwise you have to go with the Gold.

The Toyota Extra Care Platinum Warranty covers everything bumper to bumper just like a new factory warranty would.

The one you are talking about sounds like a Gold Warranty...which offers less coverage.

I have had Toyota Extra Care Warranties one every vehicle I have owned...and they are the best warranties you can get. You just bring in your vehicle and the dealer takes care of everything...no dealing with any warranty claims or other nonsense.

Try that with an aftermarket warranty. They may claim they cover a lot but there are loopholes galore. Then, you have to lay out the payment for repairs and chase them for your money. Good luck getting paid on certain repairs.

I had an $1,800 repair to replace a seat motor in a 2001 LC with no problem under a Toyota Extended Warranty.

I even have had a $6,800 Nav / ECU replaced (twice) on a 2001 LC because the anti-glare coating kept wearing off...no questions asked. They were great about it.

I highly recommend the Toyota Warranty...they will not mess with you and they always live up to their end of the bargain.

Rich

I'm looking at an '04 Thunder Cloud Metallic L.C with 32K at a Toyota dealership. What extended warranties from Toyota offer the best coverage? I am not concerned so much with deductables, just the covered parts. My 2001 L.C. has the Toyota Extra Mile warranty, but it really does not seem very extensive in coverage. Things like audio system and navigation are excluded. Is there a better one out there that Toyota offers ?? :cheers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100-- Champagne Pearl--- 62K
1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---130K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---62K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17K a.k.a "Silver Bullet"

Youo can buy a Platinum Warranty, original owner or not, as long as your original warranty has not expired yet.

You can only but the Gold if your warranty has expired. It is good, covers major drivetrain and all...but does not cover electronics and some other things.

The Platinum provides the same coverage as your factory bumper to bumper warranty.

Rich

Do you have to be the first owner to buy the TFS coverage? I found a good used 2004 LC which is still under the original factory 3/36 bumber to bumber warranty. The car was made late 04 so hopefully the initial bugs with the nav has been worked out. I want to buy the TFS and want to know if there is any restrictions on having to be the first owner. If so, I may have to ask the seller to buy one and include it in the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom