Toyota Electrical Connectors (i.e. how to work the damn things) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And yes, that is the tool like the shank, or wiper or others described here.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Is this in the EWD? I have looked through my FSM and didn't find that level of detail. Maybe I'm in the wrong section?
The beginning of the body electrical section of the fsm has some info on connectors. Also the last fold out page of the wire diagram section has pictures of all types of connectors used on the car which I found helpful.

Poor access and the fact that we know these old connectors are getting fragile makes it seem harder than it really is. I have had practically every connector apart on both 80’s I’ve owned and haven’t broken any yet. Maybe I’ve been lucky.

I was able to spend a little more time in the link @voodu3 provided and I'm starting to feel a little more educated. :eek: With some more studying, I think I can start to blame my woes on crappy connectors more than user error.

Can anyone provide a source for Toyota or Toyota compatible connectors? My LX470 was factory wired for towing but the PO must have damaged the trailer plug at the hitch and removed the plug and last section of wire that attaches at the chassis up by the spare tire. I need to buy that connector so I can rewire for trailer lights. TIA

Ugh....any help with the unlocking the EFI relay connector to harness and fuze block? Neither seem to be covered in FSM. Trying to replace some heat soaked wiring.

20220405_184426.jpg

20220405_184418.jpg

Ugh....any help with the unlocking the EFI relay connector to harness and fuze block? Neither seem to be covered in FSM. Trying to replace some heat soaked wiring.

View attachment 2973938

View attachment 2973939
I'm pretty sure those weren't meant to be removed. All the connectors are in the Wiring Harness Repair Manual, in the Resources section.

I'm pretty sure those weren't meant to be removed. All the connectors are in the Wiring Harness Repair Manual, in the Resources section.
They were not. Found the correct terminal splice using the link above and repair procedure in the harness repair manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom