Toyota diesel mechanic. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@barrys can probably recommend someone, once he’s back from Shanghai-La

Bill’s Toy Shop in Farmington, NM. He’s one of the best and very busy because of it. Can’t recommend him highly enough.

Still in Shangri-la. I had Budlong Automotive in Albuquerque rebuild my 3B Toyota diesel a few years ago. Though they'd never done one before, they did a fantastic job. I used beno here on Mud for any diesel parts. If you need injector pump rebuilt, Central Motive Power is excellent. My son, Dan (DanS HJ-45) the real diesel expert in the family, notes that even Denver's Central Motive Power sends their Toyota diesel injectors to the Albuquerque facility.

I used Spears Automotive in Sandia Park (East Mountains near Albuquerque) recently for a stubborn fuel line issue, and they fixed it for a very reasonable cost. The mechanics there drive older diesels, and are very knowledgable about the different types of diesels. I don't know of any Toyota-specific diesel mechanics in the Albuquerque area. But I'm sure glad to to know about Bill's Toy Shop in the Four Corners area!

The picture shows me modeling my HDC Army green T-shirt at Tiger's Nest monastery with my wife. See you all soon!

DSC_0356.jpg

The picture shows me modeling my HDC Army green T-shirt at Tiger's Nest monastery with my wife. See you all soon!

The like button ain't big enough.

Last edited:

View attachment 1719300

Barry - Very cool picture! I have seen many pictures of that monastery over the years, but yours is up close and personal.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom