Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received two orders a couple of weeks ago, and my last two packages are scheduled to arrive on Friday. Given that I ordered some uncommon items that I didn't need right away for a great price, I am happy. I had good communication from Eric and January, and early on I said I wasn't in a hurry and just didn't want orders to get cancelled due to the long lead time.

Hmmm...I ordered on the 23rd as well...maybe I am in line soon.
I did call asking when I should expect the parts and was told it would be next week. There was a door seal charge that was refunded once the parts were shipped so that may have been causing the delay on my order.

I'd suggest calling to get a hold of Eric and see if your order is complete. The order may be sitting in idle for a couple more parts.

I did call asking when I should expect the parts and was told it would be next week. There was a door seal charge that was refunded once the parts were shipped so that may have been causing the delay on my order.

I'd suggest calling to get a hold of Eric and see if your order is complete. The order may be sitting in idle for a couple more parts.
Yeah I should call. The only thing I ordered was CVs.

I received my last two packages today, including a CV axle/FDS. They were both very well packaged with no damage. I'm very happy with my experience with Serra with communication and delivery. Obviously the lead times were long but they had a crazy order volume and at least one of my parts ('99 LC brake booster assembly) showed as unavailable in the US when I ordered it. I was just happy to get it at all for the price that I did.

FDS:
20220805_170505.jpg

Still no parts or communication for the order I placed on 3/19. I'm being patient as the parts aren't anything I need right away but this is pretty ridiculous.

Well, after a follow up email to Eric last week he called me in the middle of the week to complete the payment as the CVs I order final came in. They shipped them out Friday for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully they come as nicely packaged as the CVs that @Eyedaho received.

Well my CVs arrived yesterday as scheduled. I only opened them to give them a quick once over and did not pull them out. However, they were packaged in the same fashion as @Eyedaho. I'll pull them out and give them a close once over but I suspect they will be fine. Now I just need to carve out some time to install them and rebuild the front end.

Still no parts or communication for the order I placed on 3/19. I'm being patient as the parts aren't anything I need right away but this is pretty ridiculous.
Just curious if you received your order? I ordered on 3/23 and I haven’t heard anything either.

Just curious if you received your order? I ordered on 3/23 and I haven’t heard anything either.

I actually did receive it last week but they were shipped to my old address in Seattle so I haven’t got my mitts on them yet. A few weeks ago I emailed again, I put my name and order # in the title and Eric got back to me pretty much immediately and got it sent out.

That I would update this for anyone who is still waiting. I emailed Eric this morning. I got an email reply and a phone call. My payment was not processed in 30 days so the order sat idle. I spoke to Brad on the phone while making the payment. He stated they still have not got through all the March orders.

I received a partial refund email with no mention of amount and items. I email'd Eric and he couldn't figure it out from my email with order number. He needed my name, I sent him my name and he figured out the refund was for coolant. I received my order about a week later with some items missing. I have email'd him twice and still no reply in 10 days.
I received the missing parts today after a few more emails to Eric. Thanks Eric!

So what’s the chances they run this deal again? 😂
Unlikely! Best case is some other dealer didn’t get the memo about how much work this generated and they offer something similar. I’m working on my 4Runner now and could use a discount on parts!

Unlikely! Best case is some other dealer didn’t get the memo about how much work this generated and they offer something similar. I’m working on my 4Runner now and could use a discount on parts!
I got an email from Longo Toyota saying they're doing 35% off MSRP. I didn't look at prices since I don't really need anything at the moment, but it might be worth checking if you do.

I got an email from Longo Toyota saying they're doing 35% off MSRP. I didn't look at prices since I don't really need anything at the moment, but it might be worth checking if you do.
Is there a code for this? I would be very interested.

So what’s the chances they run this deal again? 😂
Toyota offers the deals (parts sale event)- dealers choose to participate or not. Toyota reimburses the dealer for the free freight incentive as well. FWIW Decatur doesn't look to have opted out of the sale events to date.

Will the sale events happen again? They are infrequent but seem to happen a once or twice a year- often tied to something like a cyber Monday, or Memorial Day etc. Last sale event was fall 2022 - I used Marietta Toyota this time, and picked up locally. Just keep an eye on the forum- Im confident someone will post up next time there is a sale.

I went through Decatur Toyota when this sale happened last year. That will be the last time I give them my business. I didn't have the same issues with reaching Eric as many others, but their operations are inefficient and can't handle the throughput of this magnitude. Sure, maybe they learned some lessons from this past attempt. But it was a poor showing, and they won't get more of my money. I'll gladly pay the cost to get my parts timely and with a customer service level commensurate with the money I spent.
I heard Marietta Toyota did well. I'll give them a shot if there is a next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom